• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Uh oh! MF1 Update Forced on my Rooted Phone

Flashed VRALEC bootchain, TWRP and CWM-SuperSU-v0.99.zip and all seems well. :thumb:Will wait for the MF1 bootchain to become available.

Did run into something after installing TWRP: served up a notice that Super User credentials had been lost and asked if I would like to restore them. It asked the same thing after installing SU before rebooting. I didn't follow the suggestions but, who knows? Maybe it would've worked?

Edit: Also, the rooting guide does indicate that reinstalling the JB bootchain is optional but required to return partitions to original. Makes me wonder what's not right, if anything.

Upvote 0
snipped quote

Edit: Also, the rooting guide does indicate that reinstalling the JB bootchain is optional but required to return partitions to original. Makes me wonder what's not right, if anything.

When I first rooted, I skipped that step...I didn't notice anything.
I had to unroot for an issue I had, then
I rooted a second time and did that step...didn't notice anything. :)

Reactions: MasterCylinder
Upvote 0
Thanks Rxepert83. Do you know if freezing SDM 1.0 will keep my phone from receiving a pushed update?

Yes, freezing SDM 1.0 will prevent OTAs from even notifying you that there's one available let alone install. This should be in every root guide as MANDATORY if you are going to root and do not want an OTA breaking root.

Reactions: MasterCylinder
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones