• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon - Unlimited Data - Text Plan Change

D

Deleted User

So, my wife and I are out of contract and month to month with Verizon. We have unlimited data that I'm going to hang onto as long as possible. Anyway, she has the $5 texting plan and would like to change it to the $10 plan. Before I call, I just want to make sure it's possible without touching our beloved unlimited data plan.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

If they still offer that texting plan, yes. I seem to recall that they changed them at some point, but am not sure. I have 1400 min's and unlimited texting for all lines for $30/month extra, plus unlimited data on 3 of my 4 lines (1 has 2 GB). It may have been $10/line for all for $30 on the texts. I do remember going 'round and 'round with the CSR about it.

Anyway, you can add or change a text plan (minutes too) and not touch anything else (unlimited data) if it's still available as an option for your plan.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones