• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon unlimited data with ADR6300 replacement?

ITRADE

Lurker
Jul 8, 2013
I've had a verizon unlimited data and Family share package for two lines since early 2011. We are now month to month.

Yesterday, my ADR6300 Incredible finally gave up the smoke and died.

Can I buy a replacement ADR6300 programmed for the Verizon netowrk, install my old SD card, and have it activated on the Verizon network without it being recognized as a change to my terms/conditions?

I was looking at purchasing one off of Ebay from one of the more reputable sellers.

Check Swappa as well. They are reputable and phones have been checked by staff for clean ESN's. I've purchased a few phones there with no issues at all.
You will have no problems activating a phone and keeping your unlimited data, I've done it a few times for different lines.

This would work if you bought an "upgraded " phone too, right? He wouldn't have to stick with the DINC?

Upvote 0
This would work if you bought an "upgraded " phone too, right? He wouldn't have to stick with the DINC?

Right, any phone is fine to upgrade to. It doesn't have to be the same phone.

WARNING: I don't think they'll will let you activate a 4G phone on a 3G unlimited data plan without yanking your unlimited.

Upvote 0
WARNING: I don't think they'll will let you activate a 4G phone on a 3G unlimited data plan without yanking your unlimited.
Data is data, it doesn't make a difference if you are going from a 3G only phone to a 4G/LTE phone. If you have unlimited data you can keep it and switch phones that you buy off contract/not subsidized. You don't have to stick with the same type of radio/"G", it's all the same and makes no difference in the end.

Reactions: AntimonyER
Upvote 0
I used Verizon's site. Signed into my account and went to her line, then to activate/switch device and followed the prompts. I had to enter the SIM card # and, I think, that was pretty much it.
If you already have a 4G LTE SIM and are using a different 4G phone you can just switch them. If the current SIM is for a 3G then you need a new one. I went to VRZ to pick one up but they couldn't just give me one, said they had to activate it there because of inventory control. My guess is that the SIM is free but they charge to activate it. Wouldn't put it past them. I went down the street and bought one for around $5 from a non-corporate store. I really hate dealing with them, would much rather pay the $5 and do it myself so they can't "accidentally" mess my account up!

Reactions: OutOfPhase
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones