• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Unlock GN (vzw) Bootloader using Mac?

bmkindoll

Aug 3, 2010
I have been looking around the interwebs, and can't find an answer to my question. I am getting the GN. Verizon flavored. And I am wanting to unlock the bootloader. I use a Mac, and all the tutorials I have found thusbfar have been Windows Only.

Anyone stumbled across a way to unlock bootloader/root for a Mac??

Thanks

Brandon

Ok so I am obviously a noob, but...

I did manager to setup AndroidSDK and APKtool a while back, I just don't really know how to use them.

I don't know what the adb folder is. I created a folder called "Developer" which was in the tutorial I used. Inside it I have two folders "AndroidSDK" and "APKtool".

In AndroidSDK I have tools - addons, docs, extras, platform-tools, platforms, samples, system-images, temp, and tools.

Where should I put the files and where to I get the files to put them there?

Upvote 0
I got to the part where it says start in fastboot mode (which I did) then type "./fastboot devices"

My computer says - ./fastboot no such file or directory

I am in the extracted folder in terminal...

type "cd " the drag your platform tools folder into terminal so it becomes something like "cd user/user/android-sdk-mac/platform-tool/ then hit enter then try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones