• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Unlocked Bootloader + Xposed

Hello and welcome nordicstew!!
A locked bootloader will not affect the modules or their functionality.
I used the Xblast module for my S3:)

Just be sure the module is compatible with your device, as I think some of them are not. :hmmmm:

Also, when I've had the S3, I was fortunate enough to root before the locked bootloader, so that's why I ask this question--- do you have a recovery (such as Safestrap) to make a nandroid backup? Or does safestrap have that capability?

As with anything, flash at your own risk, but I think the correct module for your device, whatever one you decide to go with, will not be affected by the locked bootloader;)

Reactions: Kurt Wilson
Upvote 0
The module repository is here:
Welcome to the Xposed Module Repository! | Xposed Module Repository

If you click on the word "XBlast" in my previous post, it will take you to that particular module.

Do you already have the Xposed framework installed? Modules will not work without it.
I assumed you already have the framework installed, but just makin' sure;)

If not, here is the link for the Xposed framework:
Xposed - General info, versions & changelog - XDA Forums

Usually, a module will have its description/compatibility listed at the download page.

If you are in question about a paricular module, just post back here:)

Oh, one more thing....some modules can have conflicts with each other. In other words, if Module "A" changes the clock to the color blue, and you have Module "B" set to turn the clock red...well, there's a conflict.
So be sure which modules do what.
The XBlast module has alot of options in and of itself and that's why I only ran one module;)

Edit:
another popular module for our devices (S3) is Wanam ..check it out:)

Reactions: nordicstew
Upvote 0
Thank you for all your help!
I just have one more question: I downloaded supersu and it said that Knox could interfere with some root stuff, and asked if I wanted to disable it. What will happen if I do, and if I uninstall supersu, will it reenable Knox?

That I am not sure of. Do you want to utilize Knox? Do you need Knox?
If not, then I am sure you can allow SU to disable it.
If you need Knox, then I'm sorry, I don't have an answer as far as Knox interfering with root stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones