1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Verizon] Unroot possible with SD reader failure?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by true, Jan 22, 2013.

1. true

true Well-Known Member
    None

May 1, 2010
    American Airlines
    Texas
    I flashed SynergyROM a few months back and only recently has it become problematic for me. Multiple random reboots, beginning to lag, etc etc..

My question is:
    Is there a way to return to stock if the SD reader on my device itself has failed? As in, I've tried multiple cards in the slot and none read. While in other devices, they work perfectly. Is it possible to perform the entire unrooting process from the internal storage of the device?

Now that JB and GoogleNow are available on the stock version if JB, I'd like to give it another shot. However I've noticed that clearing the internal storage is pretty much the first step in returning your device to stock.

Any help would me incredibly appreciated :]
    thanks!
    paul

Advertisement

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    I did a quick look thru this guide :
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1867253

And it appears that yes, your internal will be wiped but I guess I dont understand what you mean by " Is it possible to perform the entire unrooting process from the internal storage of the device?"

3. true

true Well-Known Member
    None

May 1, 2010
    American Airlines
    Texas
    after reading further into your link, i realized what i was misunderstanding!
    its been a few months since i rooted the device and forgot that a computer is used for odin. i was thinking it was all done and flashed from the external sd card and didnt realize that i could just use odin with the computer to do so!

awesome. i have to admit i'm a little embarrassed about this rudimentary mistake, but hey! at least i'm learning!

thanks so much :]

p.s. that guide is extremely helpful

Mikestony likes this.
  4. schneidr

schneidr Member
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    Interesting. I had to return a brand new GS3 as the card reader didn't work. Tried three working cards and it saw none of them.