1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon Update 6.13.219.en.US

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gremor, Apr 25, 2012.

1. gremor

gremor Lurker

I have a rooted Droid 4 am I safe to let this update run or do I need to unroot with VooDoo OTA Root Keeper first?

Don't want to brick the phone.

Thanks for any input.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mowsgto

mowsgto Lurker

I did the update but had to re-root afterwards. There may have been a simple way but that's what I did.

3. m_a_b

m_a_b Newbie

I also installed it (after I worked through my errors due to deleting some apps :eek:) I had the Voodoo Rootkeeper installed and it restored root for me after the update.

4. mercermtn

mercermtn Lurker

Okay I admit it. i'm confused. I have my Droid 4 rooted, and bootstrap installed.
    I downloaded the update file at another site. I rebooted to recovery and it wants me to change to safe system or unsafe system, before appling. do I need to rename the file to update.zip like in the past on my og droid? I screwed the pooch once already, previously and was able to dig myself out of it, I'm gun shy. Can someone give detailed instructions for the procedure? Thanks for any help

5. mercermtn

mercermtn Lurker

no problem.. used voodoo root keeper, unfroze, restored missing apps, and it was done.

6. gremor

gremor Lurker

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Updated just fine and restored root no issues!

:D

7. mtompkins

mtompkins Lurker

Updated my rooted d4 without any voodoo root restoring app. Lost my root...Is there anything to do to restore my root?
    Many thanks

8. Droid4User

Droid4User Lurker

mtompkins,

I did the same thing. I used Dan's root for Razr with JB to re-root after the update:

Google search "Razr Blade: Droid Razr 4.1 JB root exploit" It is the 1st link

You need to make an account to view the download file. I just used 10minuteemail (dot)com to make a quick fake account:

Hope this helps,
    -Fellow Droid 4 user.

Motorola Droid 4 Forum

The Motorola Droid 4 release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1785mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews