1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon Update 9.16

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skinien, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Xelios

Xelios Android Enthusiast

So for those of you that installed it through recovery, what the hell is the button combination at the dead android screen? I can't seem to figure it out.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's the same combination. There's just less room for timing error now.

But now I'm running into a problem. My installation keeps aborting at verifying current system. Throws an error at GoogleServicesFramework.apk. I've not uninstalled anything stock from the phone, any ideas guys?

Screw it, I'll just reflash JB via safestrap.

Advertisement

2. skinien

skinien Android Enthusiast

Have you disabled any apps?

3. Xelios

I figured out what I'd messed up. I installed the multi DPI play store, and in my infinite wisdom, flashed gapps to replace it. Now I'm hitting an error with backuprestoreconfirmation.apk, and I'll probably hit another error if I fix that one.

I'll have to go back to ICS now, since I want to retain root. Such a pain haha. Oh well, it's what I get for being a moron. Always backup with a nandroid.

4. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Android Expert

Just came through OTA. Had to toggle airplane mode to force the phone to see the update.

Marc_G and K4KAI like this.
  5. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast

Just got it OTA

6. tatootie67

tatootie67 Member

Ota received. During the reboot process, I noticed it said optimising apps 1-142. Thing is, I only have 94 though but regardless, I've never seen this message during updates

7. Boulder257

Boulder257 Member

Got mine in Greenville, SC this morning. Defintely a quicker shutter speed on the camera and improved battery life. Not sure if it's just me, but it seems to charge faster too.

8. Richman21

Richman21 Android Enthusiast

Got my update this morning. It seems to me that the camera is much better than before. The pictures come out with less of a blue tint to them.

9. t0ked

t0ked Newbie

Upgraded this morning. Kept root with rootkeeper. It went smoothly. Removed some VZW bloat. Haven't tested camera so will report on that later. Lag and smoothness seems same before, but was never a problem for me. No problems with maps, sms/mms, or anything else so far.

10. chris4x4

chris4x4 Android Enthusiast

I got the update and now maps doesn't work

11. New Rising

New Rising Android Enthusiast

I was rooted and used ota keeper and it said the update failed but my system version says 9.16 and I'm still rooted. Anyone else have that problem?

12. thansen1961

thansen1961 Newbie

Anyone notice the new GPS settings page? Instead of two google location services check boxes there is now just one. I usually keep the standalone GPS turned off (unless I am using it) the VZW location box unchecked and used to only check the google location services box at the bottom of the page if any--for maximizing my battery--but now that I can only check the one, I tried it and it seems to be draining my battery faster than usual. Or at least faster than before. Anyone have any guesses why? Do I need to shut down and reboot after the update?

13. kmf

kmf Android Enthusiast

Not sure what gps page that you are on, but on my Location services page I still have the choices as before the update. App access, gps satellites , Verizon, and Google WiFi and mobile network.

14. cboss

cboss Member

Got my update at work this morning.
    All seems well, have seen no issues so far
    I'll report back on battery and camera, although the pics I took this evening are great.
    Lovin" this phone, no problems..and yea I did an FDR....LOL

15. belledee

belledee Member

I updated this afternoon and I've noticed that the circle workers are smaller now

Attached Files:

16. t0ked

t0ked Newbie

Woah, that is weird. My circles widget is the same size as before. After the update was successfully installed, I did a "battery pull" and cleared the cache. Allowed the phone to reset and do its thing. After about 30 minutes it seemed to have settled down. Everything seems good.

17. Xelios

Feels A LOT smoother than before. I mean my old phone ran great on 4.1.1, but this thing runs fantastic even when underclocked to 1.0GHz. Loving this update so far. Battery life also has a minor but noticeable improvement too.

18. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast

Agreed, noticeably smoother. My home screen (with the circles) used to stutter and now it does not. So far I am digging the update

19. belledee

belledee Member

Went to normal size after a soft reset

20. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Well-Known Member

Got the update OTA yesterday in Minneapolis around noon and have noticed absolutely no difference in anything. (My phone was running great beforehand.)

Played around with the camera and didn't notice any changes. I'll try some low light shots tonight.

21. jimburn69

jimburn69 Member

I think its a lot smoother since the update.I did a factory reset and that improved it also.

22. Network13

Network13 Lurker

got my update yesterday and lost Exchange active sync. Will see and connect to the server but wont sync anything. Removed and reinstalled the account, even tried 3rd party email app, still nothing. Phone is useless to me if I cant get my work email on it.

23. thansen1961

thansen1961 Newbie

Hmm that's weird. My GPS page used to have the toggle and four check boxes--2 google, VZW and standalone GPS--and now there is the toggle and 3 boxes. On mine anyway it looks like they have combined the two google check boxes into one that does what the two did before

24. chris4x4

chris4x4 Android Enthusiast

My thoughts, and what I have noticed so far.

First, seems maybe a very little bit faster. This could also be a placebo effect, as I am wanting to see somthing.
    Second, On Call End works much better, and is stable.

Third, Sound no longer starts off at max, or near max, volume when receiving or making a call.

And last, seems the signal strength bar isnt very accurate anymore.......if it was to begin with. I had 2 bars of 4G, and had a -94 dbm signal strength. Then....in a different location, I had the same 2 bars, but -116dbm signal strength.

These things I have noticed were done so using the most unsofisticated data collection methods I could use. Amature driver, open course.

25. Thunder22

Thunder22 Member

OTA update just hit my phone here in NY. Waiting for update to finish.

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews