1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon update complete, no Knox??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dewalist, Dec 20, 2013.

1. dewalist

dewalist Android Enthusiast

Hi all,
    From what I have read, I am in the minority that was looking forward to getting Knox. My employer forces us Android folks to use Touchdown, but the iOS people get to use their native email/calendar apps. I was hoping this would resolve that problem.
    I just finished my update to 4.3, but Knox is nowhere to be found. I see "Knox Notification Manager" in the application manager, but that's it. I use Nova for my launcher, but there is no icon to launch Knox - I went and checked TouchWiz just in case but I don't see it there either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Be careful what you wish for. :D

Have you considered that it might just run "under the hood" with no settings for you to tweak?

3. dewalist

dewalist Android Enthusiast

Hmm, no - not really. The Knox website info seems to indicate it is an app, and once you open it, works like a virtual desktop so you can install other apps.

https://www.samsungknox.com/en/knox-consumer

Is it possible Verizon removed the app?

4. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Same thing on the AT&T Note 3 - no app in the drawer, but Knox is all over the application manager. I think we have to (you do - I won't) download an app to activate the thing.

5. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

Telus, Canada, it's in my app drawer and I need to download the app (which I did not). Hid it in Nova, removed notifications and keeping it that way.

6. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Like I said, be careful what you wish for. I don't want to wake it either. :D

I installed the pre-rooted Verizon version with Knox and bloat removed.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews