1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Verizon Upgrade Discounts Besides NE2?

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by Kiddp, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Kiddp

Kiddp Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Does anyone know if Verizon offers any type of discount on top of the New Every 2 if you are upgrading from a non-smartphone to a smartphone? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

No.

3. rezeew

rezeew Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Tech Support
    Boston, MA
    Nothing like that, but if you upgrade your calling plan far enough in advance you might be able to talk them into a larger NE2. (If you're getting $30 instead of $50 or whatever)

I'm getting $100 because I've been on some ungodly expensive plan. When I get my incredible my bill's actually going down.

4. Aimy77

Aimy77 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Boston, MA
    I was wondering how people got the $100.... I thought I was getting scammed!

5. DroidDave

DroidDave Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Connecticut
    Yeah I get 20% off my data plan and 20% off my voice plan because I work as an educator in the public school system in CT. I think any city or state job will get you 15% off your plan. I got 20% because I've been with VZ since 1998.

6. nikkix

nikkix Member

Jan 27, 2010
    really? i was under the impression that you could also get an upgrade after oneyear? thats what the manager told me

7. DroidDave

DroidDave Active Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Connecticut
    Yeah I also was told I can upgrade after a year too. You know phone tech is going to move at light speed now. In 3 months the HTC EVO will be out and 3 months from then something better will arrive. Pretty soon we will have some Star Trek type shit to transport us to where we want to go.