• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] urgent! problems midway through root

so i started doing a root on my phone downloaded odin and a few kernels and put my phone into download mode. my phone is a verizon sch-i545 samsung galaxy s4. As i tried opening one of the files, which was .tar so i downloaded winzip to open it. every time i click the file it dissapears after less than a second. after fiddling around for a bit i was able to get to a zip 7 window but when i try to open the lone file (boot.img) the following error message occurs: error-internal processing iso image :thinking:
I also just tried with the other kernel (there are 2) and the same thing happened
please help! is there anyway i can view this file? if not is there a way to exit download mode? I have not downloaded anything it just says on my screen downloading...do not turn off the target!!! with some small official text in the top left corner including odin mode. Thank you so much:)

I just picked the first one that came up...then I did a little searching and came upon another I gave up after about 2 hours of not being able to open the files. They were both pretty similar, using odin and a few kernels. Apparently my build number isnt correct for that root, so maybe I will try again in a few days

Upvote 0
I'll almost bet you're on the me7 version and not the MDK. There is only one way to root your phone right now. Go to the XDA forum and search for "how to root the vralme7" galaxy s4. If you're planning on installing a custom recovery, its not possible yet. There is a Dev working on a method as I'm typing this but as of now you're SOL! I'm gonna go see if I can find that post for you and I'll be right back with the link.

Upvote 0
I just picked the first one that came up...then I did a little searching and came upon another I gave up after about 2 hours of not being able to open the files. They were both pretty similar, using odin and a few kernels. Apparently my build number isnt correct for that root, so maybe I will try again in a few days

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2380325 this is the root method you need if you're running build vrualme7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones