• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Useful Titanium Backup Setting

NSutherl

Android Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Before I found this setting this morning, I had worked out a way to exclude my Google Play Music app data from my scheduled backups. It's necessary to exclude its app data if you keep any amount of music "on device", otherwise TiBu will include all the data (can be GB's) in the backup. This takes a ton of time to complete the backup (can be hours) and takes a ton of space on your "sd card".

I worked around this by making a label that included Google Play Music (you could add other apps with a lot of data like Play Books, Play Movies, etc...). Then you can create a filter and exclude this new label from the filter.

Screenshot_2013-03-23-11-05-19_zpsead47f73.png

When you create your schedule for daily/weekly backups, at the top of the schedule options menu, select "Backup all user app + system data" and under that, select your new filter (the one that excludes the label with your data hogs). Voila!

Screenshot_2013-03-23-11-05-03_zpsbc249baf.png

Just found a setting this morning in TiBu Menu>Preferences>Backup Settings that allows you to select "Specific Data Exclusions".

Screenshot_2013-03-23-11-03-23_zps6c4acc75.png

Much easier :D

Reactions: p-bOt

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones