• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Using nexus as hotspot for iPad 3

photogman

Dec 15, 2011
For all intents and purposes I am a newbie. I have had my phone since they were released but have not rooted because out of fear of bricking my phone if I screw up. I bought an iPad and having been occasionally moving my sim chip back and forth between my nexus and iPad and that is just plain starting to get old. I have some questions.

1) can I use my nexus to work as a hotspot with my ipad3?

2) can one misstep while rooting my nexus result in permanently bricking my phone?

3) if rooting is feasible can someone point me to a how-to root for dummies thread?

Thanks for your help and hopefully a vote of confidence.

For all intents and purposes I am a newbie. I have had my phone since they were released but have not rooted because out of fear of bricking my phone if I screw up. I bought an iPad and having been occasionally moving my sim chip back and forth between my nexus and iPad and that is just plain starting to get old. I have some questions.

2) can one misstep while rooting my nexus result in permanently bricking my phone?

3) if rooting is feasible can someone point me to a how-to root for dummies thread?

1) the capability is built into most custom ROM's, but using it is expressly forbidden by Verizon's TOS agreement. do so at your own risk.

2) as trophy said, the GNex is nearly unbrickable.

3) using Wug's Toolkit makes it very simple.

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0

Check out the Stickies for help with unlocking the bootloader, rooting your Nexus, and flashing a ROM! It's easy. Then tether away my friend!

jmar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones