1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Verizon 4.2.2 leak now available.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jhawkkw, Mar 2, 2013.

1. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Maybe, this might turn out not to be the OTA like what happened to build IMM30B. Plus once the JRO3HO got leaked, it took Verizon over a month to push it to users.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tzoller

tzoller Newbie

I updated to the 4.2.2 without problems but the Droid Life article also had info about new radios. I would like to install the new radios wich are ina zip file. How do you do that?

3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

If you installed the leak and not a custom rom, then the radios already installed. So you'd be good to go. :)

4. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Android Enthusiast

Any downside to installing the leak? Maybe I'll go for it.

5. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Personally, I don't think the radios are as good signal wise, but I have seen better battery life with them. :thinking: So I'm conflicted on whether to change them back. I'd say go for it because of this doesn't turn out to be the actual OTA, it's not difficult to get back to 4.1.1. Are you unlocked and rooted?

6. dhworph

dhworph Android Enthusiast

I haven't tried it, but haven't read about any big issues, other than what is already in many 4.2.2 custom roms... no big improvements either, it seems.

However, the update zip seems to have a recovery in it, so it will probably overwrite your custom recovery. SOmeone please correct me if I'm wrong.

7. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

When I looked in the zip file, there was no actual recovery image in it, but it did have the patch file that auto rewrites the stock recovery on each boot. So it essentially accomplishes the same thing.

8. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert

Happy Birthday!!!!!! Wish the oTa had hit on your birthday but maybe soon.

9. nomarsgirl

I'm completely stock, unrooted. I'm just tired of waiting.

10. nomarsgirl

On, I've never done this before. I downloaded the android SDK and the leak file. I connected my phone to my PC but it doesn't recognize it. What am I doing wrong?

[​IMG]

11. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

You probably need to install and configure the samsung signed ADB/Fastboot drivers. You can do this manually, or use wugs nexus toolkit which gives you a step by step instruction to do so.

12. dhworph

dhworph Android Enthusiast

Looks like you are on Windows XP... I suggest connecting your phone via usb and launching windows update to see if it shows an drivers... possibly under the optional and/or hardware section in windows update.

13. umataro42

umataro42 Android Enthusiast

Tried installing the zip using CWM v6.0.2.3 (touch), and got a status 7 error, from the "Verifying current system..." step.

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/build.prop", 17aec846533d952fd21c0ab609c5b4aa31db39f", "54d207f79faf9be3db5b7da6f9c1e70e26528129d")
    E: Error in ... 5939ff985946.signed-mysid-JDQ39-from-JRO03O.5939ff98-1.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

My phone is rooted, but stock.
    4.1.1 / JRO03O
    Kernel version: 3.0.31-g396c4df
    android-build@pbs1)

I've tried flashing stock recovery, but whenever I use that I automatically get the Android laying down with the red triangle over his open panel, which is one of the reasons I use CWM to begin with.

Anyone know of a way around it? I've checked a couple other forums, and have seen I'm not the only one experiencing this, but nothing so far about a way to fix it. There was one way involving revising the updater-script but that just led me to a Status 6 error. I also sent an error log to CWM using ROM Manager, but haven't heard back so far.

14. nomarsgirl

Thanks. I never did figure it out, but I got the OTA on Tuesday.

15. az_r2d1

az_r2d1 Member

I get the same thing when using cwm.
    Did you figure it out ?

16. politzer

politzer Well-Known Member

How do you figure out which of the two rooted options you are? I rooted (by mistake) to 4.1.1 Build JRO03O. Does that tell me?

17. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Going to move this thread to the ATR, seems to me more suited for there. ;) If anyone has an issue with this drop me a line :)

breadnatty08 and jmar like this.
  18. umataro42

Wasn't able to figure it out, so instead I tried flashing my first ROM. I went with Shiny because its basically Stock with just a few minor tweaks.

I ended up getting a boot loop after flashing the ROM and new radios, but that might be related to whatever was causing the Status 7. After a factory reset (also done from CWM), it started up fine. So make sure you back everything up and copy the backup to somewhere off your phone, just to be safe. A little warning - I wasn't able to restore my SMS messages from TB.

19. az_r2d1

az_r2d1 Member

I figured out how to fix it.
    I first downloaded the full imm76k image. (Samsung Galaxy Nexus (toro) - RootzWiki)
    Then I opened it with 7zip and pulled the system.img from it.
    I used wugfresh toolkit to install the image and voila, the upgrade to 4.2.2 worked fine after that.

Not sure what or who messed with the system/bin directory but this resolved it.

umataro42 likes this.
  20. umataro42

Good to know for future reference, and I'm glad it worked out for you. Other than losing video messages I was unable to restore, I'm happy to have finally tried flashing a ROM, so I'd say it worked out for me too.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews