• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Verizon app removal

SacNutz

Dec 28, 2009
Anyone know which apks to kill and if there are any consequences for killing backup assistant, verizon login (cached), or my verizon mobile (cached)? Sorry if this has been covered already, I haven't seen anything about it.

Obviously I'm rooted and I don't really want to freeze them with TIB, I would rather delete them.

There shouldn't be any issues with removing the VZW bloat. But sometimes updates have been known to fail if bloatware is removed on phones so I suggest making a backup of them before removing them so you can restore if needed (if you are planning on taking OTA updates)

I would also suggest freezing first and rebooting to make sure they don't cause any issues not being there (they shouldn't but you never know)

Reactions: nj02vette
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones