• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Verizon Firmware update doesnt go away

teleton11

Lurker
Oct 6, 2012
Hi guys,

I have a Samasung Galaxy S3 with Verizon Wireless carrier. About a week ago, I received the autmotatic firmware update from verizon. I do not want this update in any way, plus I have a rooted phone that would make it useless.

I press deffer every time, but I goes back every 24 hours. I tried just installing the firmware update, but I get an error (probaly due to the fact my phone is already rooted).

Tried Titanium Backup to freeze the process, but it doesnt help. Tried looking for the update filed itself and try to delete it manually- but couldn't find its name.

Can anybode please help me remove this update prompt from happening every day?

Thank you.

Hi guys,

Tried Titanium Backup to freeze the process, but it doesnt help. Tried looking for the update filed itself and try to delete it manually- but couldn't find its name.

Can anybode please help me remove this update prompt from happening every day?

Thank you.

Did you freeze SDM 1.0? That is what stopped it on mine (Verizon) and others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones