1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Verizon galaxy s3 (KITKAT)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by barrygreen, Oct 13, 2014.

1. barrygreen

barrygreen Lurker

Hi I have a verizon Galaxy s3 when I firts I got this I looked up about rooting and found out the bootloader was locked so I did not. I want to be able to install custom mods I do know if this possible I am running The newest update (KitKat) I do not want to mess it up since I can afford a new phone. If someone can tell me if I can do this or not would be appreciated. If I can do this can you reply with a link that explains how to do it. I did before with my Galaxy Nexus. So this would not be the first time I did it. Thank you for any help that you may provide.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Howdy barrygreen!
    What exactly are you wanting to mod?
    As you know there are many other launchers that can change the way the phone looks and such.

Or are you looking to mod with the Xposed Framework that modules utilize to change things? (requiring root) :)

Are you on 4.4 KitKat? Sorry, it's been a little bit since I've owned the S3 so I'm not up to date on the latest version:eek:

3. barrygreen

barrygreen Lurker

The biggest thing I like with my rooted nexus is the ability to have full screen lock widgets. You would not have to pull down the screen. It would be defualt full. That was a setting in the custom mod. I miss that. I like using dash clock which takes advantage of this. if a xposed takes care of this that will work. I am not familiar with this. really that is the one thing that I really want back. Thank you for assistance

KitKat 4.4.2

Howdy barrygreen!
    What exactly are you wanting to mod?
    As you know there are many other launchers that can change the way the phone looks and such.

4. Mikestony

VIP Member

You mean having the lock screen that is populated by all widgets? I'm not clear on what you mean by that:eek:

As far as the dash clock---like a desk clock appearance?
    Something akin to this?:
    [​IMG]

5. barrygreen

barrygreen Lurker

The dash clock allowed me to have widgets on the screen that I could just click on and goto that item. I do not use a password on phone I just use slide. I can install dash clock lock the screen then i have the choice of either unlocking it or dragging down from the top to get full screen lock widgets. The mod I had installed had a setting for this. It made full screen lock widgets all the time I never had to drag down to see them. I hope that explains it. Thank you for helping Barry

6. Mikestony

VIP Member

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews