• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] VERIZON Note 3 rooted! Knox 0x0!

The_Chief

Accept no imitations!
  • Nov 17, 2009
    Manchester, Tennessee
    Thanks for the tip, Tempco!

Root de la Vega [SM-N900V KNOX 0x0] - xda-developers

:D

EDIT:

I'm downloading the root file, but do I really want to root it? You bet I do.

Reasons to root:

I will only lose 3 days' information at worst, if backing up to the PC fails. So I lose a few scrapbook entries and a note. I can live with that.

I can install Titanium Backup and freeze the bloatware, freeing up RAM.

I can install Root Explorer again, my file manager of choice.

Reasons to NOT root:

Voids warranty and this thing's only 3 days old. But it doesn't SEEM broken... and I can always use SuperSU to unroot.

I have to set up the phone, homescreens and install apps all over again. Sucks to be me.

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.... ;)

This will be very helpful for a LOT of people, including ME:

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rooting instructions - YouTube

This video will take you step-by-step through the rooting process. It's so easy, even I should be able to do this!

BEWARE! Rootjunkie in this video mentions Exposed Installer and Wanam Xposed as a method of eliminating the "custom" mark and padlock icon from the boot screen. There are reports in XDA of this app soft-bricking the Note 3! And since I don't know of a way to recover from the soft-brick (yet), I advise against using it.

No doubt another, safer exploit will be identified to cover your root-ness in very short order. If you don't mind VOIDING YOUR WARRANTY, you can use this root method. But there's really no way (yet) to revert back to OFFICIAL stock. This is a one-way trip right now, folks.

Upvote 0
    I feel at home. The root forum. Okay, here we go. Why would I root if we can't restore yet? Or... do I use superSU to unroot and do Factory/Data reset? What about bricking? Is there any restore?

I don't even know how to use the phone yet and I wanna root. Weird, huh?

Upvote 0
    I don't want to download anything yet let alone root but does anyone have a link to the original thread (I assume in xda?) So I can read about the experiences of multiple users? I would love to root and have watched the video but I won't feel comfortable until I've read about all the mistakes, soft bricks, and cures for them.
    I don't know if the link in the op is to download the tool or just go to the thread.

Upvote 0
    Here's the original thread on rooting:

Root de la Vega [SM-N900V KNOX 0x0] - xda-developers

And here is how to Odin back to stock:

[GUIDE] VZW Note III Edition[Return to Stock or recover from a Soft Brick] - xda-developers

:)

EDIT: Well, now that there's an unroot/return to stock method, there's absolutely no excuse why I'm sitting here NOT rooted - so today is the day! Getting my files organized and stuff backed up off the phone now. Will let you know how it goes, although I expect it will go quickly and smoothly.

Upvote 0
    I want to root, to freeze bloatware. But how said is it that I want root so I can restore my saved "Subway Surfers" Put lots of time into that and the SOBs make it impossible to save and transfer data. I found some exploits, but with them you cannot get the updates from Play. grr I just want the SS updates..and all my coins/keys. is that to much to ask

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones