• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon version of the Nexus One

As I understand it, there is more to it than just replacing a radio with a different one -there will be no SIM card slot, for instance- so the actual architecture of the board will be designed somewhat different. Whether or not this results in actual changes in usability or features remains to be seen.

Hopefully they addressed other H/W issues in the CDMA version, such as dust under the screen.

Upvote 0
As I understand it, there is more to it than just replacing a radio with a different one -there will be no SIM card slot, for instance- so the actual architecture of the board will be designed somewhat different. Whether or not this results in actual changes in usability or features remains to be seen.

Hopefully they addressed other H/W issues in the CDMA version, such as dust under the screen.

So I am guessing then it will not be like a blackberry world edition where there is a card slot? I figured that they would have put a slot in it for the same reason a lot of bb's have them now.

Upvote 0

I would think they addressed the hardware issues, dust under the screen come on, HTC can take care of that

Upvote 0
I'm also seriously considering the verizon nexus one, however one thing worries me. google screwed its potential customer base by not offering (or clearly offering) family plan options to go with its launch on Tmob. Do you guys think they will make the same mistake twice or stick to the individual plan model?

I ask because i want to get one for my wife as well.

Upvote 0
i kinda dont want verizon to get the nexus one, i dont care if they get a desire or incredible, but i want tmobile to be exclusive to nexus one bc i dont want people to have the same phone but better reception than me. am i petty and being spiteful? yes. but that's just the way i am. i am an early adopter, and that is the fault of google or htc or the carriers for not releasing the phone all at the same time. or i hope that verizon has ridiculously expensive plans so that i feel justified that i can deal with tmobile bc they have lower prices but worse service. that extra cost is not worth it in my opinion

Upvote 0
i kinda dont want verizon to get the nexus one, i dont care if they get a desire or incredible, but i want tmobile to be exclusive to nexus one bc i dont want people to have the same phone but better reception than me. am i petty and being spiteful? yes.

Lol yeah, that's spiteful. I can relate to your feeling toward it though. But so things go in the technology world (especially cell phones). As soon as you buy a phone, a better one comes out within 6 months. But your contract is probably like mine, and you can't get a new phone subsidized until your contract is up. And then you end up being jealous of the guys and girls with the newer better version of the phone you have (or network).

Upvote 0
Anyone here of any plans to release a N1 with dual radios for CDMA/GSM? I switched to T-Mobile for the N1 and I can't take this anymore, my service is just too intermittent. I need to be able to count on my phone making/receiving calls most of the time.

Problem is I travel a lot overseas and local sims are all GSM. So if I switch to Verizon I won't be able to use my phone with local sims unless it's got both radios.

Upvote 0
i kinda dont want verizon to get the nexus one, i dont care if they get a desire or incredible, but i want tmobile to be exclusive to nexus one bc i dont want people to have the same phone but better reception than me. am i petty and being spiteful? yes. but that's just the way i am. i am an early adopter, and that is the fault of google or htc or the carriers for not releasing the phone all at the same time. or i hope that verizon has ridiculously expensive plans so that i feel justified that i can deal with tmobile bc they have lower prices but worse service. that extra cost is not worth it in my opinion

this was all predicated on the issue that i wasnt getting 3g in my apt, but now i am! so now my only gripe is to get better phone reception in basements and buildings

Upvote 0
Anyone here of any plans to release a N1 with dual radios for CDMA/GSM? I switched to T-Mobile for the N1 and I can't take this anymore, my service is just too intermittent. I need to be able to count on my phone making/receiving calls most of the time.

Problem is I travel a lot overseas and local sims are all GSM. So if I switch to Verizon I won't be able to use my phone with local sims unless it's got both radios.
Don't hold your breath, for Google to release a World Phone version later would just piss off their customers and alienate them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones