• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon vs tracfone call reliability?

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
OK, I had a line with Verizon. I transfered it out to Google voice. I didn't have luck with Google voice. So I signed up for my numbers through Verizon. It's a 2nd line app. Figured if it was Verizon, it should be top notch. It's been anything but. Call quality is terrible. So, I think I'm going to port it out back to the old note 10. But, each of my phones on Verizon is a little over $100. I don't want to trade a $15 a month plan for a $100 a month plan.

I know tracfone works off of Verizon and ATT and all other carrier networks. So, my note 10 would work off of Verizon towers because it's a Verizon phone. But, my question is does Verizon prioritize their own service over tracfone? If there was congestion, would they start degrading tracfone service on their towers to keep the Verizon paid customers service top notch? I'm using this service and phone for business. I can't risk my paycheck to save $85 a month.

All providers that own towers prioritize their own customers over the customers that use providers that are renting those towers.

If you have friends with different providers, bring them (and their phones) to where you will be using your device the most, and compare signal strength.

Or, use Wi-Fi calling if you have strong Wi-Fi service.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones