1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] VZW Gnex will not stop rebooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by schleppy, Jun 23, 2013.

1. schleppy

schleppy Newbie

My Verizon Galaxy Nexus has been flawless since the day I bought it (launch day). This morning I woke up, grabbed my phone, and did an update to Feedly. Phone rebooted. Odd, maybe there is a bug in Feedly. I eventually got the phone to boot and uninstalled Feedly. Didn't make a difference, phone kept rebooting (running an older 4.1.2 Jelly Belly ROM at this point).

I tried the usual cache clearing, permissions repairing, etc. Nothing made a difference the phone wouldn't stay on for more than a minute before rebooting. I also tried two different OEM batteries, and two aftermarket. No difference.

At this point I thought I'd try a new ROM. No matter what I tried I could not copy anything to the SD card. Tried two different machines, ADB, Wugs Kit, etc. Nothing would copy it. It would error out about half way through xfer (yes, I tried different USB cables, no difference)

Eventually I decided to just flash the phone back to stock using the latest Google 4.2.2 image. Even after returning it to 100% stock (locked bootloaded and all), the phone would keep rebooting.

I'm at a loss here. This really seems like there is a serious hardware issue in the phone.

Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I have Asurion, so I may see if I can get this swapped out.

Thanks all!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

may want to try posting or asking that this be moved to the All Things Root section

3. schleppy

schleppy Newbie

Yeah, I debated posting this there. Since the problem happens stock AND rooted, I figured here may be best.

Mods, can you move this?

Thanks!

4. jmar

jmar Nexican

Hey there,

Really sounds like it is hardware, especially because it is still happening on stock. I'd get the thing replaced. Sorry, wish I had better news.

schleppy likes this.
  5. schleppy

schleppy Newbie

Yeah, it sounds like the phone is toast. I was hoping someone may have experienced this before, but it sounds like it's done.

Thanks anyway!

6. jmar

jmar Nexican

Yeah man,

I actually had a issues with my GNex back when Jelly Bean came out. Somehow my SD got corrupted and I was getting bootloops. However, upon restore to factory settings the phone booted just fine.

If you can get into recovery, which it sounds like you may be able to, try doing an adb pull of the contents of your SD so you at least have all your files backed up before you get a replacement.

Let us know if you need help with that. If so, please specify if you are on Windows, OSX or a Linux distro.

Good luck!

jmar

schleppy likes this.
  7. schleppy

schleppy Newbie

Sadly I didn't think to pull the SD contents whilst in recovery. Thankfully I didn't have much on there. I appreciate the advice though!

I found out today that I had the extended warranty, and Verizon is overnighting me a new one now. Hopefully that one holds up until the next Verizon Nexus device comes!

8. jmar

jmar Nexican

Good thing you had the extended warranty! Glad it is all sorted.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews