1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Verizon] Wakelock issue or not?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VolsMcFalls, Apr 26, 2012.

1. VolsMcFalls

VolsMcFalls Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    I know the battery sucks on the Nexus, but mine seems to be really bad sometimes. So I installed CPU spy to see if my phone is entering deep sleep. According to it, it is.

So I moved on to Badass Battery Monitor. According to it, the held awake time is almost as long as the phone has been unplugged. This makes me think I have a wakelock issue (I'm talking, 6 or 7 hours it shows on held awake). But, when I go into the App Sucker on BA and switch over to View Time Held Awake, the highest one is 30m (which is still high) but everything combined doesn't add up to the 6 or 7 hours awake time that BA is telling me I have.

I reset the phone and it clears it up for a bit, but it always returns. So do I have a wakelock issue or not?

Advertisement

2. AJ McKay

AJ McKay Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    Sounds like a rogue app. I'll go ahead and suggest using Better Battery Stats to determine the cause (that's what everyone will suggest ;)).

The stock battery stats screen, when expanded (click on the battery chart) will show blue ticks for every point your phone is awake. A large number of these when the screen is off will give you an indication of a problem, though they don't represent partial wakelocks (which Better Battery Stats will show).

Also, check your sync settings and turn off anything that you don't need synced all the time (i.e. Reader, Currents, Facebook, Twitter. Anything that you can easily sync as soon as you open it). Also, the Facebook app sucks and it's battery drain varies from update to update.

Just some suggestions.

3. VolsMcFalls

VolsMcFalls Well-Known Member
    None

May 14, 2010
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check into better battery stats. I have a nice little collection of utilities to track things like this but not better battery stats.

Tags: