• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon wants me back?

timelord65

Android Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2011
Just recently paid ETF and switched to t-mobile. Just got a call from VZ about offering me a cheaper calling plan rate if I resume service.

Anyone know if these kind of incentive deals are any good, or just a come on to get me to call and cave in like a sucker to resign back?

Anyone ever quit them, then resign after being offered a better unadvertised rate plan? Only reason I'd even consider going back is for the galaxy nexus.

Thanks

Because I get 4g, don't with Verizon as yet. Was paying $108/month now $30 for 5GB of data, unlimited text.

I would go back if Verizon reduces my rate, otherwise I'm sticking with t-mobile for now.

I don't blame you one bit. I was with t-mobile for a few years before I switched to Verizon. Sure I paid more a month switching but at the time the coverage was leaps and bounds better than t-mobile as well as the phone selection. Now, it's going to take a lot to get me to give up my unlimited data. Around my area, Sprint's coverage is almost worse than t-mobile so I guess Verizon has me right where they want me.

Have you called back to ask what they have to offer you? I honestly don't expect them to match t-mobile price wise but, as the old saying goes, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Upvote 0
I don't blame you one bit. I was with t-mobile for a few years before I switched to Verizon. Sure I paid more a month switching but at the time the coverage was leaps and bounds better than t-mobile as well as the phone selection. Now, it's going to take a lot to get me to give up my unlimited data. Around my area, Sprint's coverage is almost worse than t-mobile so I guess Verizon has me right where they want me.

Have you called back to ask what they have to offer you? I honestly don't expect them to match t-mobile price wise but, as the old saying goes, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Yeah I'm not knocking Verizon. They do have the best network around. Hardly ever had even the slightest distortion or breakup on a call. But $70/month savings is pretty significant.

I'll call back this week. I just didn't want to waste my time if all they normally do is offer something like free data for a month as a reward for coming back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones