• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon wants to do "me a favor", whoop de do...

T-Mobile and AT&T offer roll-over data ... sort of. If you don't use your monthly allotment then the remained rolls over to the next month. But if you don't use it then next month it's gone, so really you only get one month's of roll over.

And, think about it. If you're data use is low enough that you actually have data left, then it's likely you won't use it next month either. If you always use all your data, then there's nothing left to roll over ... ever. It's a worthless feature, if you ask me.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
I could use some extra data this month! I'm 5 days away from the end of the billing period and no way I'm not going over this time. I don't think I ever have before though so this bill is going to hurt.

This part should probably go in the rant thread but...

Local sister went to visit Indiana sister at her new condo in Fl., Indiana sister was almost out of data on her plan and they hadn't hooked up cable/internet yet. Local sister decided it would be nice to set up a wifi hotspot and let them use her (MY) data. Indiana brother in law signed on to work for a day. Indiana family in general used a crapload of data. Local sister came home all proud of herself for helping. Thanks guys! UGH.

In general though, I'd never really benefit from rollover data. It would be nice to Verizon get on the bandwagon though :)

Upvote 0
I could use some extra data this month! I'm 5 days away from the end of the billing period and no way I'm not going over this time. I don't think I ever have before though so this bill is going to hurt.

This part should probably go in the rant thread but...

Local sister went to visit Indiana sister at her new condo in Fl., Indiana sister was almost out of data on her plan and they hadn't hooked up cable/internet yet. Local sister decided it would be nice to set up a wifi hotspot and let them use her (MY) data. Indiana brother in law signed on to work for a day. Indiana family in general used a crapload of data. Local sister came home all proud of herself for helping. Thanks guys! UGH.

In general though, I'd never really benefit from rollover data. It would be nice to Verizon get on the bandwagon though :)

and of course, being the Super Nice Guy you are, you forgot to bill the inlaws for their "free internet use?"

I let my family know right away, YOU USE THE DATA, YOU PAY THE BILLS !!!
3 gB will only go so far..... my daughter and I together use less than 2 gB per month of DATA. We only use it when away from home or a WiFi

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
Well. The last time local sister gave me a check I paid more in bank fees than the check was for. She sort of messed up and had insufficient funds!! So, I won't do that again. I, being the nice gal I am, won't ask Indiana sister for money...she didn't ask to use my data, it was offered.

Yeah, I'm a sucker I guess.

Upvote 0
wonder if I can blame this on Verizon?
My lawnmower won't start.

20150408_124152.jpg

Upvote 0
Squirrels?

No, it is a Snapper Scrambler Zero Turn mowing machine.
It was stored in my shop building for the winter next to the bigger riding tractor mower. There was a roll of paper towels that had fallen down off the counter top and I did not notice or pick it up. The mice found the towels, and looked for a nice place to stuff it all into....

after they made their home nice and cozy, they needed a bite to eat. So, they chewed thru the wire loom and found the 10 wires in the harness. Of those, they cut 7 in two... Access to that area is non-existent. I can just barely fit my hand into that area to pull out the paper trash... I will have to vacuum it out. Sure don't want to leave any invites for more mice next winter.

Mean while, I had to buy up some rolls of wire, some Liquid Tape (yep, it is real) so that I can trim the wires back a bit, twist together, solder up snug, then coat the joint with a liquid insulation coating.

So far, that mouse has cost me over $100 in supplies. !@#$%

20150408_122746.jpg

Full View of 33 inch mower with handles.jpg

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
T-Mobile and AT&T offer roll-over data ... sort of. If you don't use your monthly allotment then the remained rolls over to the next month. But if you don't use it then next month it's gone, so really you only get one month's of roll over.

And, think about it. If you're data use is low enough that you actually have data left, then it's likely you won't use it next month either. If you always use all your data, then there's nothing left to roll over ... ever. It's a worthless feature, if you ask me.

AT&T only rolls over to the next month but T-Mobile lets it roll over for 12months. I was just in a T-mobile store about a week ago.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones