• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon website starts sales two days early!

Yea, I found a cheap
HDMI cable on eBay. I might buy the MM desk dock, haven't decided yet. Ebay has one for
$80...pfff... don't think so!

The thing I don't like about the MM dock is the silver bar sticking up. I know that probably the magnet for the app start, but they could have figured out something else. The Moto Droid doesn't have a silver bar sticking up, does it? Sorry for veering off topic.

Update: Dang, I didn't know the MM dock was $50! I thought it was $30 like the car dock. And it doesn't even include a HDMI cord. Forget that. I get 25% off accessories, and $37.50 is STILL too much!

I thought the MM dock came with the HDMI cable

Upvote 0
Maybe someone who has purchased the dock early could chime in, but financially it doesn't make sense considering VZW charges $25 alone for the cable.

Companies need to make their money...

Doesn't make sense that a dock should cost 50.00 without the cable IMO.
So financially I guess I'll wait for a third party dock for half the price and I'm sure i can find a micro HDMI cable for far less that 25.00.

I like the car dock though.

Upvote 0
Tried twice via live chat online to get a droid X order. no luck. Not that it's gonna keep me from trying a few more times tonight, my story getting more and more "deserving" of the exception" each time.

Any advice on what may persuade an online CSR to throw me a bone?

facts:
My current phone is 3+ years old
Broken which makes it harder to use
I am on a big fairly lucrative family plan
I REALLY WANT A DROID X NOW

Upvote 0
Tried twice via live chat online to get a droid X order. no luck. Not that it's gonna keep me from trying a few more times tonight, my story getting more and more "deserving" of the exception" each time.

Any advice on what may persuade an online CSR to throw me a bone?

facts:
My current phone is 3+ years old
Broken which makes it harder to use
I am on a big fairly lucrative family plan
I REALLY WANT A DROID X NOW

Why should Verizon let you order the X 2 days before everyone else in America?

Upvote 0
this is my first post, so a few may question what i'm about to say, but what i'm posting about is what i heard today while on the phone with a verizon rep.

Best representative i've ever spoken with was discussing the droid x with me (went something like this):

rep: "oh, you're eligible for an upgrade starting tomorrow."
me: "yeah, but i'll wait a couple days till the 15th for the droid x to come out"
rep: "well, you should check the website tomorrow you might be able to order it, then it'll be on your doorstep when all of the other folks are getting theirs. Plus, you wont have to wait 6-8 weeks for the mail-in rebate, it'll be instant."
me: "so you're saying i can order it tomorrow and have it by the 15th?"
rep: "i can't say yes, but check the website tomorrow..."

i don't know if this is going to be true or not, but if so, expect the phone to be available tuesday (7/13) online.

-matt

fail!

Upvote 0
Doesn't make sense that a dock should cost 50.00 without the cable IMO.
So financially I guess I'll wait for a third party dock for half the price and I'm sure i can find a micro HDMI cable for far less that 25.00.

I like the car dock though.

$19.99 with free shipping. If I recall correctly, they don't charge sales tax either. This place usually has rock bottom prices on all sorts of cables. I've purchased quite a variety from them with excellent service and dirt cheap prices. I think micro HDMIs are relatively new so it might be a bit more difficult to get a really cheap one.

HDMI Micro

Upvote 0
$19.99 with free shipping. If I recall correctly, they don't charge sales tax either. This place usually has rock bottom prices on all sorts of cables. I've purchased quite a variety from them with excellent service and dirt cheap prices. I think micro HDMIs are relatively new so it might be a bit more difficult to get a really cheap one.

HDMI Micro
Amazon for under 7 Bucks.. (if you have a prime membership)
Amazon.com: Motorola P513 Vehicle Power Adapter MicroUSB Rapid…

Seven dollars shipped if you don't.

Amazon.com: OEM Rapid Car Charger with IC Chip (SPN5400) for…

Upvote 0

HDMI Micro

Amazon has them for 10.00 but I didn't check shipping which is probably 15.00 :mad:.

thanks for the link I'll check them out..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones