1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] What is currently the smoothest ROm with hotspot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkcyber, Oct 30, 2012.

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

OK, I am still running Xenon HD 9-15 and still running really smooth. I have noticed there are a couple of newer versions, but I am reading about some lag issues. So, what other good ROM's are out that have wifi hotspot built in?

Advertisement

2. usawrestling

usawrestling Newbie

Big fan of bugless beast if your are looking for stock 4.1.2 with hotspot

darkcyber likes this.
  3. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Does it have many mods built in or is it basically just stock?

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Asking what the best ROM is will get you a response for just about every ROM with that capability from somebody... it's purely subjective and based on each user's perception of performance. I, for example, think JBSourcery is THE ROM to have: others love another ROM. There isn't a single ROM that makes every person happy; that's the beauty of choice... lots of ROMs for lots of people and lots of phones.

My suggestion is to try a few of the leading ROMs with the capability you desire, giving each a couple of days to settle in, and see which one works best on YOUR phone. Hope this helps :)

5. gt5oh

gt5oh Member

bugless beast is basically stock, free wifi tethering is built in though

6. Desertbum

Desertbum Well-Known Member

If you are into MODs plus want built-in wired/wireless tethering then I would have to suggest JBSourcery. It has the most customization out of any ROM that I personally have tried (and I have tried most of them). It's unbelievably smooth and I have loved every minute of playing with it.

7. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Yeah, I may have to broadly asked that question. Not all ROM's have (or used to not include hotspot...they may now) wifi hotspot. So, I guess what I was really asking is which ROM's do have hotspot built into them and that are not loaded down with bugs. :D

I am on JS-Sourcery right now but getting ready to switch back to XenonHD...my fav.

8. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

Again a very subjective question. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. It's up to you to decide which is best for you.

Side note, any reason your leaving sourcery,? Any feedback helps for future Releases

9. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

No real reason...I just got use to XenonHD. Sourcery seems to be a great ROM....have no complaints with...maybe the name :D

I actually made a nandroid backup of Sourcery once I got everything installed...I may switch back and forth and play with it some more. Kind of just playing around with different ROM's right now to see what is out there.

10. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

I did think of one more thing, my battery life was not as good on Sourcery as it was on XenonHD. I run Franco's kernel on XenonHD and I only ran the stock kernel on Sourcery...so that could have been to the difference.