1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Wifi Tether

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BetaMan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. BetaMan

BetaMan Android Enthusiast

Has anybody gotten the Wifi Tether to work after they rooted? I've tried several versions of androidtether, including the latet beta, version 3.3, and changed to several start profiles with no success. I loaded the latest Busybox Free beforehand also.

I rooted using the Exynosabuse.apk and ran the Root Checker afterwards to confirm that I have root.

Anybody figure this out yet for Verizon Note 2?:thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BetaMan

Are you on Verizon's network? I tried this already and it didn't work for me. I just got my phone Thursday night (12/20/12) though. Perhaps it's a newer ROM?

3. BetaMan

4. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Android Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm on Verizon. I used the exact settings specified in that post I linked to;

I tested it with my laptop right before posting that to ensure it worked and it did for me. I didn't use the Exynos exploit to root though. I used this method. I'm still in the stock ROM though.

BetaMan likes this.
  5. BetaMan

Using those settings worked! Thanks!!!

6. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

non-unlimited data plan I'm guessing :D:D

Haven't rooted mine yet, I have a backup phone that can tether if needed (swap sim card, done). Plus I don't want to increment the flash counter, that's a warranty fiasco possibility if it comes down to it.

7. BetaMan

Yes, unlimited data still. I bought the phone outright and paid $765 (with tax) for it.

Not sure about any "flash counter". I just rooted it using an app "Exynos Abuse" downloaded right to the phone. Just 1 click and about 15 seconds and the phone was rooted. I didn't flash anything! Unrooting is just as easy. 1 click and bam! Unrooted!
    Still running stock ROM with the "MultiWindow" changes to allow ANY app to run in multiwindow or TRUE multitasking!

Give it a try!

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

ya, I forked over the $750 for my Note 2 for the UL data also. Trevor and FoxFi both work for me with root. Trevor is faster down and seems FoxFi is faster up for me. Could be the connection though as I only get 1 to 2 bars of LTE in my house.

9. trapperjohn

trapperjohn Well-Known Member

Hi,
    What method did you use for the multi window to work correctly with all apps?
    Thanks,
    Bryan

10. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Android Enthusiast

I used this one. Worked perfectly for me.

trapperjohn likes this.
  11. BetaMan

Philosoraptor posted the same link I used (post directly above this one.) Worked great and didn't have to do anything special. Just followed the directions exactly and Walla! Give it a try!

trapperjohn likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews