1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Will Color Calibration fix my yellow tinted screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dabomb224, Dec 28, 2011.

1. dabomb224

dabomb224 Android Enthusiast

So long story short, I replaced my first Nexus, which had major vertical banding, with a new one. No banding at all. Unfortunately, I noticed a problem with the new one as well: a heavy yellowish tint to everything. I have read a bit about different kernels having the capability to calibrate screen color, and I was wondering if anyone had done this yet or had any recommendations. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

i havent heard of this before, did it start when you first got it?

believe it or not sometimes people can get a bad batch, and you can get these bad phones one after the other, after the other.

my screen is turned all the way up, because i love the bright hd color screen :)

3. dabomb224

Unfortunately it came out of the box this way. I compared it to my first Gnex and it was obvious. At this point I doubt that I can get a replacement, since you cant really call this a "defect".

I was reading that some kernels come with color calibration tools, or precalibrated. If that is false, then my only hope might be to take the phone into a Samsung store and ask for a new one (Apple Store style). Not sure where Id find one of those though.

EDIT: Ok, I did some digging and this was the kernel with the prealtered color balance. Since I'm a former DX guy, I'm a bit unclear on this whole Kernel flashing thing. Assuming Im rooted, do I flash this through Clockwork Mod, or is this another fastboot thing? Also, is this something that I can reverse with a Nandroid if it's no good?

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10647-ke...stun-initd-colors/page__p__259355#entry259355

4. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast

You flash like a rom in recovery, just no need to wipe data. A nandroid does backup/restore kernels.

dabomb224 likes this.
  5. dabomb224

Would a 4.0.3 kernel be compatible with the stock 4.0.2 ROM?

6. quiklives

quiklives Android Enthusiast

Some people seem to have done this with no trouble, and others ran into a ton of trouble. In general, you're supposed to be on a 4.0.3 ROM before flashing a 4.0.3 kernel...the other is risky, IMHO.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews