• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon wireless customer thinking of getting android phone, need suggestions.

matt20971

Feb 17, 2010
Ok, I have a LG venus right now now and my contract is actually over so I am not bound to Verizon. I am torn between switching to get an iPhone since it seems that Verizon is never going to get it or getting an android on Verizon. I have been thinking bout the Droid. Is this a good phone? I have played around with my friends and it seems pretty cool. I have also used a friends iPhone and its also pretty sweet. I have been hearing a lot about an HTC incredible possibly coming to Verizon. Would it be worth waiting for? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Matt

Ok, I have a LG venus right now now and my contract is actually over so I am not bound to Verizon. I am torn between switching to get an iPhone since it seems that Verizon is never going to get it or getting an android on Verizon. I have been thinking bout the Droid. Is this a good phone? I have played around with my friends and it seems pretty cool. I have also used a friends iPhone and its also pretty sweet. I have been hearing a lot about an HTC incredible possibly coming to Verizon. Would it be worth waiting for? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Matt
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0
Welcome, Matt!

I am relatively new to Android, and just as new as you to these forums -- I just wanted to throw in my two cents.

I upgraded to the Motorola Droid from an enV Touch... HOLY HELL! I was absolutely blown away by the functionality of the phone! The Motorola Droid is an excellent phone, but obviously there will always be newer and faster phones out there. I don't plan on upgrading from my motodroid anytime soon... I am still in the process of unlocking its full potential.
If you feel that you cannot wait, get the Droid. If you have the patience to wait a while, do it. You probably will not be disappointed with either choice :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones