• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Wireless Online Order

D

Deleted User

Whenever this thing comes out, does VZW website ever have it to where you can order/preorder it before release, or is VZW website pretty much once its officially on sale whoever comes the fastest gets theirs first?

I've been needing a new phone for a long time and don't want to miss out on this and have to wait another few weeks if they sell out for some reason.

I've had the LG Dare for going on 2 years. When i first got it i took it back within the first few months for another one beacause no one could ever hear me on it. They said they had never heard of the issue before when i asked if it was a common problem and just gave me a refurb free since i was still within the first year and it was under warranty.

Next one did the same thing, so i called verizon to see if i could just pay the 50 dollars and them just send me even the cheapest phone they had so people could hear me. The Dare was still a pretty new phone at this point so i was giving them the better end of the deal. Needless to say they couldn't do it.

Finally i just took insurance off completely, it was a waste of money for me.

But what do you know, i then drop my phone in the toilet, and the ear speaker quit working. Now when i talk on the phone i have to talk on speakerphone, and still no one can hear me half of the time. This is what ive been putting up with for over a year, and if i do not get a new phone quick i think i am going to lose it.

I really think you'll be fine if (to be on the safe side) you just order it before you go to work/class or wherever in the morning. I was up around 7 am when the X came out and went online to play around and see if I could order one and it went through. The hype/buzz for this phone is not like it was for Evo/X/Inc. I think this will sell somewhat like the D2 did

Upvote 0
Any word rather or not they will offer free overnight shipping on this one?

They usually always offer free overnight shipping for prerelease phones i know they did it with the X and inc. But i dont think they will sell anywhere near what the X or inc sold and since they have released so many phones in the past few months alot of people have already got another phone and will keep it IMO.

Upvote 0
Not worried about the out of stock issue, just want the instant rebate and have the phone on "opening day".

They usually always offer free overnight shipping for prerelease phones i know they did it with the X and inc. But i dont think they will sell anywhere near what the X or inc sold and since they have released so many phones in the past few months alot of people have already got another phone and will keep it IMO.

Upvote 0
I'd rather go to Best Buy, Sam's Club, Costco or Walmart, pay $200 and have it that instant.

Best of both worlds.

if those places honored the NE2 program then i would be all over that but because they don't online is the best option for me. i pay 99 bucks and dont have to mess around with the MIR. two days is nothing after waiting for this phone for a few months now

Upvote 0
I'd rather go to Best Buy, Sam's Club, Costco or Walmart, pay $200 and have it that instant.

Best of both worlds.
Yeah, my NE2 is not up until October. I might just pay that extra $100 and get the phone now. Who knows? In October, there might be a 3 weeks waiting period as this beauty is going to be sold out fast.

Upvote 0
I've only purchased phones directly from Verizon in the past (in store once, on-line a couple times). Is there any benefit or drawback to going thru a 3rd party distributor such as Best Buy? Of course, aside from immediate rebates, but I also get that by ordering on-line w/ Verizon. Any hassles getting the phone connected, or billing confusions or anything like that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones