1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] wont charge?!?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sx4dude2013, Mar 3, 2013.

1. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert

Well I updated my phone to jelly beans version 9 and it wont charge at all. Thought it was the kernel so i wiped everything and reflashed stock kernel. Still a no go. I have 18 percent and it WILL NOT charge, It says "charging" but isnt. The percent decreases...IDK what to do.
    Ive wiped everything, My PC wont recoginze it so I cant flash another rom......HELP!!!!

Advertisement

2. kil4thril

kil4thril Newbie

That sucks. I haven't flashed a new ROM on mine, though it's rooted and unlocked. With any luck it's a coincidence and you just have a jacked up battery. Do you have a multimeter by any freak chance?

3. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Android Enthusiast

It almost has to be the hardware, cable or USB port you're charging from. Unless you totally bricked the phone somehow, no software should prevent the phone from charging. Does it charge with the phone turned off? If not, then your phone or battery is most likely messed up somehow. I would make sure to try other cables or chargers. When it says it charging in the power settings, does it say "AC' or "USB" besides "charging"? If it says "USB", then it's just charging very slowing because USB means it's only able to pull ~550 mA from the power source (which is the max load a USB 2.0 ports can support on PCs), therefor it's pretty easy for the phone to keep discharging while the phone is in use because it can use more than 550 mA while being active/awake.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews