1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon xperia play and updates

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jaykap, Dec 27, 2011.

1. jaykap

jaykap Member

so ive had my play for about a month or so now and im loving it minus the fact that it comes with around 400 mb of internal storage. i currently have the 2.3.3 software. my question is this....does anybody know when and if verizon is ever going to release any new updates to this phone? i ask because ive been back and forth between sony and verizon and both say to ask the other. yes, i know its mainly up to the carrier to release the update, but come on, i think its total bs.

also, i wanna root my phone but im confused with which route to take and also if i use the superoneclick or doomlords method, do i need to install the android and java sdk's first? if someone could point me in the right direction, id greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DoomyGIR

DoomyGIR Newbie

I also talked to Verizon a month ago. They told me it would be about a month or so for the update. But with Ice Cream Sandwich out they might be working on that instead of 2.3.4 (just my guess). All I can say is just keep an eye out on the notification bar for when they DO get around to releasing it. As for rooting, I wish I could help ya but I've only rooted my Optimus V. I'm sure someone else will be able to inform you on that though. Hang in there and welcome to the Xperia Play club!

3. Tergazzi

Tergazzi Lurker

For rooting, I used the SuperOne Click method. It was super simple, Im not sure if you need the JRE and SDK, I already had all that on my PC, from developing apps. One thing to keep in mind, the bootloader can not be unlocked, unless you pay someone to do it. You can still root it, you just wont be able to flash any custom Kernel's on it for overclocking or anything, or be able to flash any custom ROM's that use custom Kernels.

4. jaykap

jaykap Member

i have my phone rooted, got busybox and titanium backup from the market and did my first backup last night. how can i take some of the pre-installed games and some apps that can't be moved to my sd card, and be able to move them? i have apps2sd installed too and only a select few apps can be moved

5. fuhrl

fuhrl Well-Known Member

use titanium backup to move or uninstall the programs you don't want. find the app in the list then long press on said app and it'll take you to a screen where you can do what you want with it.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews