• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Thank you, both of you.

So, is it worth it for me to keep leaving my phone on each night in Airplane Mode? I'm very heavily thinking of resetting my phone and using a new SIM Card, but before I do, I wanna make sure the rest of my practices make sense. Does it make sense to factory reset, add the new SIM Card, and then leave the phone on all of the time?

Reactions: trophynuts
Upvote 0
You would care, because your battery life would be much worse afterward.

I'm wondering if I should just factory reset and install a new SIM Card. I already have the SIM Card.

I guess at this point I would like a replacement phone. My home connection seems to suck and my battery is really suffering as a result.

I am concerned about these horrible "kworker" readings my phone has.

Upvote 0
You would care, because your battery life would be much worse afterward.

Not necessarily. Mine dialed once after a loss of signal. The PRL updated to 5****. Since then, I've had the same battery performance as before, and when 4G came online in my town early in the week, I got 2 bars in my bedroom (0-1 downstairs where 3G is normally crappy too).

I guess at this point I would like a replacement phone.

Glory be!

Reactions: Dankees
Upvote 0
In your bad service area, what typical battery life do you get in that area? What percentage per hour?

idk

I'm in a bad service area at home, but i'm on wifi then so the battery abuse is minimal as all data goes through wifi. Only sms,mms, and voice calls go over cell radio.

i average 8-10 hours on one charge based on my usage. For me that is acceptable.

Reactions: Dankees
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones