• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Verizon's offer to fix my Bionic problems

So the "hybrid" the rep was telling you about just fell off the table or is there something still in the works for it?

... Thom

i made a trouble ticket ticket on thursday, he said it would take 24 - 48 hrs to get results and gave me his "direct" number in the mean time if i have any more issues.....he hasnt called me with the results of the ticket nor returned any of my phone calls from friday so im assuming he has the weekend off. i will try him again tomorrow and for poops and giggles, im not going to tell him that i did the leak 901 and it fixed the problem...i will allow him to send me whatever hybrid version it is he was speaking of. i would rather be on something official than a leak if i have the option.

also for what its worth....i never asked for a phone swap, simply called in stated my issue and the person already knew what i was talking about and started the whole phone swap process...just to re-iterate, i did not call in demanding a new phone

verizon attempt #1 was to swap the phone
results: no change
verizon solution #2 swap again and this time also a new sim card
results: no 3g, no 4g, no data nothing...calls and sms only.

still waiting on attempt# 3 but in the mean time...

original phone on .893(or previous) = data loss.
original phone(or replacement) + new sim card + .893 = no data at all.
original phone + .901 = everything working fine.
original phone + new sim card + .901 = working fine so far (only had this phone on .901 for about 12 hours)

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0
verizon can really blow at times......

so its monday morning...just to re-cap, i started a trouble ticket with verizon manager RICK on thursday. He gave me his direct number and said if i needed anything call him otherwise he would call me back asap about the ticket and it should be within 24hrs, but sometimes up to 48.....so i have been calling him since friday since i had some more issues....not a single call back...now monday morning when i call him it says, "the user doesnt have vmail set up...goodbye!"

sack of crap....so i called back in to VZW and asked for a supervisor right away....they say.."ohhh sorry but there not here right now how can i help you".....so i explain what i had been going through and that iw as dealing with m anger rick blah blah....

there only offer....."do you want a rezound?" i said, "it was my understanding the problem is across all 4g devices..." she replied, "no its the bionic only"

i told her im pretty close to terminating the contract since they have been breaching it this whole time by not providing me the services i pay for.....she sais she will ask about the razr and an iphone and will call me back............

so i guess that hybrid update is now SOL....what would you guys do in this situation?

i wonder if i could take them to small claims court? lol

Upvote 0
anyone ever been successful at getting verizon or any other carrier to terminate contract free of fee, and refund price of devices for failure to supply expected services?

im getting close to trying. all reviews for the rezound and razr that they offer to replace me with have THE SAME ISSUES being reported with the bionic.

if they cannot provide data the way it was advertised, are they not breaching every single one of our contracts that has data losses? or is there some clause on page 9877876 that protects them from such harm in the case they cant delivery as promised?

Upvote 0

so its monday morning...just to re-cap, i started a trouble ticket with verizon manager RICK on thursday. He gave me his direct number and said if i needed anything call him otherwise he would call me back asap about the ticket and it should be within 24hrs, but sometimes up to 48.....so i have been calling him since friday since i had some more issues....not a single call back...now monday morning when i call him it says, "the user doesnt have vmail set up...goodbye!"

sack of crap....so i called back in to VZW and asked for a supervisor right away....they say.."ohhh sorry but there not here right now how can i help you".....so i explain what i had been going through and that iw as dealing with m anger rick blah blah....

there only offer....."do you want a rezound?" i said, "it was my understanding the problem is across all 4g devices..." she replied, "no its the bionic only"

i told her im pretty close to terminating the contract since they have been breaching it this whole time by not providing me the services i pay for.....she sais she will ask about the razr and an iphone and will call me back............

so i guess that hybrid update is now SOL....what would you guys do in this situation?

That is very sad news.

It sounds like "hybrid" meant "5.5.893". Did you get 5.5.893 installed with a new SIM card?

Have you considered going with a 5.9.901 leak to see if it helps? A number of people have given positive reports. A few have given negative reports.

... Thom

Upvote 0
ive had both devices on .901 and were working fine but one is now dropping signal here and there again.

the last lady from verizon never called me back so i called back yet again....

now they are saying there was never a trouble ticket created and they had no knowledge of the manager that was working on it before....go figure....so now they have started a new trouble ticket and said i should hear back from them by the 12th.

if i send my phones back should i revert them to .893 first or does it not matter that .901 is on there?

to reiterate...

original phone#1 on .893(or previous) = data loss.
original phone#1(or replacement) + new sim card + .893 = no data at all.
original phone#2 + .901 = everything working fine.
original phone#1 + new sim card + .901 = working fine so far (only had this phone on .901 for about 12 hours)....now after 24 hours, have had a couple data losses

Upvote 0
That sounds promising.

Are you in a 3G or 3G/4G area? If 3G only then turning off 4G might help some more. In a 3G/4G area turning off 4G also might help.

3G/4G from everything people have been reporting will still have some data drops. 5.9.901 seems to help a lot of them reduce the frequency. Turning off 4G when not needed seems to help some (it also improves battery life).

If you are looking for an absolutely reliable data connection today ... 3G/4G isn't it. (2-3 months away?)

I am 100% stock and un-root-ed. I sure would like to try 5.9.901. Mr. Verizon/Motorola ... how about adding me to the "leak that isn't a leak" list and push me a copy? Verizon knows my MEID.

... Thom

Upvote 0

They don't give out iPhones, at least not that I've ever heard. And I had more refurb tbolts than I can remember. They won't even let you pay the upgrade price. And they will hide everything they can in the contract from you, I flipped out and had an attorney friend call them. Suddenly everything was what I wanted. But unless you have a friend its not worth getting the lawyer.

Upvote 0
... if your phone has a software problem that makes it hard to get a good signal from VZW that's a Motorola issue.
You just hit one of my biggest pet peeves.
IMHO this is the heart of the problem.
Verizon passes the buck to Motorola and Motorola passes the buck to Verizon resulting in the consumer left paying the bill.

It's not a problem unique to Verizon and Moto.

I had an issue with a WIFI HP printer. HP tells me there is a problem with the way MS implements wireless protocols and I need to contact them for support. MS tells me it's an issue with the HP drivers and I need to contact them for support. Since it's more than 30 days after purchase there is no returning it to the store. Result: the consumer is stuck with a printer that does not perform as advertised.

I had an issue with mail order prescriptions. Called the mail order company and they say we just follow the policies of your insurance provider, you need to call them if you have a problem. The insurance company says all we do is process claims for prescription coverage. If you have issues with prescriptions you need to call them. The state board of insurance says you have a self managed system that we do not have any authority over. You need to contact your plan administrator or the insurance company to resolve your issues. HR says all we do is collect and manage collection of premiums, you need to contact the insurance company or prescription provider for help. Result: Consumer left paying for prescriptions they don't need or cannot use.

The bottom line is once they have your money, they give you the middle finger and pass you off to someone else. As long as the money keeps rolling in, THEY DON'T CARE.

Upvote 0
just finally got a hold of the original manager i talked to.

he escalated the trouble ticket to something that sounded more serious but i cant remember what he said...in the mean time he is checking with his super to either get me a razr or an iphone4s....he said the iphone is usually out of question but since i started on the iphone it might work. i originally had iphones but they had horrible reception...their answer was the bionic...now data issues lol

so thats where i am....maybe a different device all together but he said the results of the trouble ticket will dictate the next step.

interesting point, if he is the manager why does he need to check with a superior for a resolution? lol whatever i just want a working device worth the initial cost and monthly reoccurring costs...is that so much to ask for?

Upvote 0
He's trying to fix the problem of being bitter he bought a bionic and the razr came out right after it. Sounds like he got it taken care of.

Went through 4 bionics with different problems.
1 - died because of the OTA
2 - OTA again
3 - randomly stopped working and wouldn't even turn on :(
4 - restarted itself and got it stuck on the Droid boot logo to never actually get to my functioning options. However i could answer calls...but thats about it :(

Trust me going through 4 phones i did not care to get another motorola but i think they got sick of me calling and complaining.

They tried to give me the charge...thunderbolt...revolution...trying to tell me it was 'the same kind of phone'. I mentioned the dual core and to speak to a manager and then i was presented with a razr and just accepted.

And to the previous negative comment ... come on -_-

EDIT: i never demanded a different phone...they offered it to me.

Upvote 0
Went through 4 bionics with different problems.
1 - died because of the OTA
2 - OTA again
3 - randomly stopped working and wouldn't even turn on :(
4 - restarted itself and got it stuck on the Droid boot logo to never actually get to my functioning options. However i could answer calls...but thats about it :(

Just for my understanding (and to perhaps pass along)

(1&2) what were the OTA problems?

(3) seems like the BSOD issue that was mostly corrected with 5.5.893 and a new SIM card. Were you on 5.5.893 with a new SIM card?

(4) is going to sound odd ... were you using the USB cable that came with your Bionic? Are you using the charger that came with your Bionic? Are you using the Motorola battery that came with your Bionic? Did you check that your SD card and SIM card were firmly and squarely seated?

... Thom

Upvote 0
1) When applying OTA the phone died and would not boot.

2) When applying the OTA the phone died and would not boot.

3) BSOD is different from not turning on.

4) Possible, but I think SIM card first, charger and such later. If the phone reboots when it is not connected it probably is not the charger / cable. battery may be.

(1&2) Source of information?
(3) True ... is other than BSOD what he meant?
(4) No order suggested.

There has to be some common problem here and it "feels" like it is battery related and he keeps having the same problem introduced over-and-over. Mispositioned SIM and/or SD card across four devices seems unlikely to me.

... Thom

Upvote 0
My first post here. Found this due to my own bionic problems and i am not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but i was told today that the .901 update would start being pushed on 1/13. This info came from a verizon tech rep who said that if that didnt resolve my issues they would switch me to a RAZR...not sure if that is accurate or if they were just trying to get me off the phone.

Btw i have 2 bionics one work, one personal with the data issues. My certified replacement also has data issues along with bluetooth issues(either wont turn on or wont find any bluetooth devices)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones