• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

verizon's return policy -- considering switching from eris to droid

scientist

Lurker
Dec 4, 2009
So I bought the eris almost a month ago so my 30 day return policy is getting close. I like the eris a lot, mostly because of it's size and the senseUI, but a part of me yearns for the larger, sharper display of the moto droid. Now, I've noticed my eris is starting to chug slowly to do things like typing, changing apps and I'm not sure if it's just because I'm running a bunch of stuff at once or what, but its making me feel like I'd rather have the powerful processor of the droid as well.

But, what if I get the droid and decide that I liked the eris better. Will I be stuck with the droid or can I return it and go back to the eris? I guess what I'm really looking for is an explanation of verizon's return policy and perhaps some feedback from those of you who switched from eris to droid.

Thanks!

So I bought the eris almost a month ago so my 30 day return policy is getting close. I like the eris a lot, mostly because of it's size and the senseUI, but a part of me yearns for the larger, sharper display of the moto droid. Now, I've noticed my eris is starting to chug slowly to do things like typing, changing apps and I'm not sure if it's just because I'm running a bunch of stuff at once or what, but its making me feel like I'd rather have the powerful processor of the droid as well.

But, what if I get the droid and decide that I liked the eris better. Will I be stuck with the droid or can I return it and go back to the eris? I guess what I'm really looking for is an explanation of verizon's return policy and perhaps some feedback from those of you who switched from eris to droid.

Thanks!

Becareful, they may charge you a re-storage fee, or something along those lines. I remember seeing someone try to return a phone, and she had to pay like a re-stocking fee or something along those lines.

Upvote 0
Your welcome.

I liked the size of the Eris and that was the main reason I went with it. The Sense UI is very nice but the battery life was awful so I switched a week ago.

I am amazed at how much faster the Moto is at everything. I noticed it in the store when I played with them initially but did not realize how much faster until I got the Moto. Internet is 4x faster (no exaggeration), moving from portrait to landscape is instant vs. 2 second delay for Eris, and the battery life is outstanding.

The Moto is heavier but worth the extra speed and battery life. Trust me, you will not regret switching.

Upvote 0
Your welcome.

I liked the size of the Eris and that was the main reason I went with it. The Sense UI is very nice but the battery life was awful so I switched a week ago.

I am amazed at how much faster the Moto is at everything. I noticed it in the store when I played with them initially but did not realize how much faster until I got the Moto. Internet is 4x faster (no exaggeration), moving from portrait to landscape is instant vs. 2 second delay for Eris, and the battery life is outstanding.

The Moto is heavier but worth the extra speed and battery life. Trust me, you will not regret switching.

What are the practical aspects of sense ui?

Upvote 0
The only one worth noting imo is having more home screens (7 vs. the three with the Moto standard 2.0 UI). But you can find widgets to add more home screens if you need them. To be honest, I only need the three.

You could also say having scenes is "cool" but I found myself using the standard HTC home scene. Again, you can find widgets to replicate the Sense UI if someone really wanted it.

There were the only two that I can remember.

Upvote 0
so i bought the eris almost a month ago so my 30 day return policy is getting close. I like the eris a lot, mostly because of it's size and the senseui, but a part of me yearns for the larger, sharper display of the moto droid. Now, i've noticed my eris is starting to chug slowly to do things like typing, changing apps and i'm not sure if it's just because i'm running a bunch of stuff at once or what, but its making me feel like i'd rather have the powerful processor of the droid as well.

But, what if i get the droid and decide that i liked the eris better. Will i be stuck with the droid or can i return it and go back to the eris? I guess what i'm really looking for is an explanation of verizon's return policy and perhaps some feedback from those of you who switched from eris to droid.

Thanks!

i work for vzw, you only get one wfg exchange,so if u have eris & want droid, make sure u want droid, because if u exchange for wfg u own it.

Upvote 0
If you want to avoid the restocking fee. They only charge it if you buy a phone within 3 days of returning a phone. So return the Eris. Wait 3 days then buy the Droid. No restocking fee. After 30 days if you hate it then you can return the Droid and get the Eris after 3 days with no restocking fee again.
If its an upgrade they will only let you return it once.(at a discounted price) After that you pay full retail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones