1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon's Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Waldo, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Waldo

Waldo Member

I can't update to the new build.
    Is it because I'm rooted?

The little message pops up and I click on it to download it, once downloaded it asks to install now or later, I do now and it says I need to reboot and it reboots and it will wait a bit after loading back up and say Update Failed

Help?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. katoom400

katoom400 Well-Known Member

no problem for me on my rooted razr...

3. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Did you uninstall or freeze any apps?

4. Waldo

Waldo Member

I uninstalled stuff like Weather, News, Books, Amazon Kindle, NFL Mobile but left most of everything. I backed things up with Titanium Backup but when I try to restore it doesnt seem to be working. It just sits there saying restoring the name of the app for a long time

5. Szadzik

Szadzik Extreme Android User

Better just copy the apks to system\app and change permissions as needed instead of restoring via TiB

Waldo likes this.
  6. Waldo

Waldo Member

Do you know where Titanium Backup puts the back up apks so I can move them over with Astro?

Thanks

7. Waldo

Waldo Member

I actually found the apks and put them in system/app/ but they don't seem to have been installed, should I still run them? (they arent in my app drawer)
    Does that matter?

8. vandreth

vandreth Lurker

So lets say someone uninstalled the system apps and didnt create a backup... any fixes?

9. redw2

redw2 Lurker

I'm in the same boat. Got rid of Madden and other junk and now the update fails...

10. rnlcomp

rnlcomp Android Enthusiast

Ya'll might have some luck with this post, Solution for Failed OTA Update (due to removed apps) - xda-developers

I had the same issue, and after replacing all the apk and oedx files that were missing I deleted the wrong file and soft bricked my phone LOL Bought a new one and aint gonna root it till I get ICS on it.

Some people had better luck using that guy's instructions if ya'll wanna give it a try.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews