• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizonwireless.com Activation Fee?

raelshark

Lurker
Apr 27, 2010
I went to the site earlier to purchase my Incred and Eris for a new 2-year plan, but they're now charging activation fees for each phone ($35 and $25 respectively). There were no fees last two days I went on there to do pricing. Asked an online rep and she said they weren't "offering that discount today."

So I just went back and applied the $30 promo code and it took that amount off each phone, but the fee is still there (although other people have said they applied the code and had no fee). So that basically offsets the fee for me, but that doesn't really make me happy about not getting an actual discount.

Has anybody else been required to pay the activation fee today? I've read lots of comments about people specifically buying from the site to avoid the activation fee. Any ideas on whether there might be something specifically about my order that would require me to pay the fees?

Wondering how many days I should keep checking back.

I went to the site earlier to purchase my Incred and Eris for a new 2-year plan, but they're now charging activation fees for each phone ($35 and $25 respectively). There were no fees last two days I went on there to do pricing. Asked an online rep and she said they weren't "offering that discount today."

So I just went back and applied the $30 promo code and it took that amount off each phone, but the fee is still there (although other people have said they applied the code and had no fee). So that basically offsets the fee for me, but that doesn't really make me happy about not getting an actual discount.

Has anybody else been required to pay the activation fee today? I've read lots of comments about people specifically buying from the site to avoid the activation fee. Any ideas on whether there might be something specifically about my order that would require me to pay the fees?

Wondering how many days I should keep checking back.

That ended yesterday sorry :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones