1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Version 2.3.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kylera, Apr 27, 2011.

1. kylera

kylera Newbie
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    Seoul, Korea
    Just so readers know, I'm based in Korea and the Nexus S model page in Korea says this as the antenna: HSDPA 7.2Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps along with GSM support for roaming.

When I picked up a Nexus S a few days ago, it came with version 2.3.4. However, I had to return it today because of some defective parts, and the replacement model I got was version 2.3.3. Am I missing anything from this downgrade, or should I request an upgrade?

Much thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Wow that's really odd, i didn't know that anyone had version 2.3.4 yet. 2.3.3 should be the latest version, did you notice any difference with 2.3.4?

3. kylera

kylera Newbie
    None

Apr 24, 2011
    Seoul, Korea
    I'm not as technically inclined as other members on this forum are. What I do remember off the top of my head was that some apps were integrated into something else. Like, right now, I'm looking at my apps, and I'm seeing one that says "Downloads," which opens up the window showing what's being downloaded. I'm pretty darn sure I didn't have such an app before. Other than that...I really don't know. One reason why I had returned the first one was that it had issues downloading MMS texts. It would work if I turned off my phone and turned it back on, but given that I have a lot riding on the phone, I really couldn't afford to always go off and on. I'm going to give the shop a call tomorrow morning.

4. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Hmm, well that's really interesting. The downloads app was added in 2.3 so i don't see why that would be missing. As far as i know you are the only one who has had 2.3.4 besides anyone who has unreleased devices where they are testing new software.

Tags: