• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Version 3 is the Official Update from Verizon???

Upvote 0
wow. congrats OTD on Mod status :)

Am I the only one that wants to express my condolences to OTD.:thinking: I mean the thought of dealing with some of the PITA people in here makes me cringe. But I guess that's just me. Although obviously OTD accepted the responsiblity so from that standpoint I guess one could say congrats. So OTD congrats.... I guess.:D

Reactions: OfTheDamned
Upvote 0
I have serious doubts if that leaked 2.1 is the exact same code as the release; it makes no sense at all.

The ROM designation is not the hallmark to look for; there is the actual size of the software and the md5 checksum or other hash stamp.

Yeah and as some have pointed out there are a few features listed on the pdf that we don't have on leak 3.

Upvote 0
Is it possible that they can use the same ROM/RADIO versions as 2.1v3, yet it has more features/fixes than 2.1v3?

Most of the below is not currently on v3, but will be included in the official release from VZW.

Pinch-to-zoom is now available when using the Gallery and
Google Maps.™
 New support for voice-to-text entry.
− Whenever a text-entry box appears, simply tap the
microphone icon on the virtual keyboard and speak.
 New Gallery application with 3D layout. View and share photos
taken with your phone and images from your online Picasa
Web albums.
 New Leap thumbnail view lets you pinch to jump between the
seven panels on your home screen.
 Additional calendar views and easier access to contacts make
navigating even quicker.
 Google Maps with Navigation provides free, traffic-enhanced,
turn-by-turn navigation.
 With the Enhanced Android Market,™ you’ll enjoy a better
browsing experience as well as even more applications, including
Verizon Wireless content featuring self-service applications.
 Ability to log onto and access multiple Google accounts at once.
 Support for 19 Microsoft

Upvote 0
Maybe a dopey question, but what if this official update is actually that, an update, and needs you to start from 1.15? I'm just wondering since there was talk that the big issue was how they would apply the update and not wipe out user data -

We will still be able to load it, but it would be like installing the leaks wiping all data.

Upvote 0
Wait a second. The pdf says that the Eris will have the new Gallery application like on the Nexus, and that's not in the leak v3. Will it be stock now in the official release?

Also it says the keyboard will feature voice to text, which is something not included in the leak v3. I wonder how much the official will change?

Upvote 0
No seriously, leak v3 can't be the official update if it doesn't have the Nexus gallery and the new HTC keyboard.

Yeah, if you read some of the earlier posts it's already been mentioned. Clearly they have made some tweeks to it for the OTA, I just thought that the build number would be different then leak 3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones