1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Version Downgrade?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mudman, Aug 21, 2012.

1. mudman

mudman Newbie

Hi to you all!

I was wondering is it possible to downgrade from Gingerbread v2.3.3 back to Froyo 2.2? The phone is unbranded and unlocked also it is unrooted.

Is there a method of doing this without being rooted?
    Also where is the best place to go to get the Froyo version, any links for the correct UK version would be appreciated and instructions too if possible.

Android Version: 2.3.3
    Network: Vodafone (recently unlocked)
    Taskiller Used?: Nope
    [Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: Nope

HBOOT:
    BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-1.02.0001
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
    RADIO-5.17.05.23
    Jul 22 2011,16:19:16

Many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Paul8944

Paul8944 Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, it is possible, however, I believe you will need to obtain root / s-off, to enable you to run a boot loader downgrades from alpharev and then run the froyo ruu from shipped roms.

Or once you have obtained root you could always just flash teppics74 stock froyo / gingerbread rom,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Why do you want to do this? Most people want to get rid of network branded software, and the warranty (if you still have one) is fine with the official gingerbread.

You can find RUUs at shipped-ROMs.com, under Android, device name bravo (not desire!). Make sure you know what version you are looking for (people sometimes load really old stuff and find that it doesn't work with their hardware). But as said you'll have to jump through some hoops to do this at all, as these packages are not intended to downgrade.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews