1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Vertical lines on my screen

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, May 13, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    I dropped my HTC desire 626 in my toilet and took it out pretty fast and it shorted out back came back on and work as if nothing happened but like 3 hours later my screen started showing weird vertical lines and they haven't gone away since my phone works fine it's just really annoying and I would really appreciate if anyone knew how to fix it (BTW the lines go away and don't show up when my screen shows bright things but when it shows darker stuff the lines come back )

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    It may be too late now, but power it down and stick it in a jar of uncooked rice for a couple of days to draw any moisture out (silica gel would be better, but you are more likely to have rice in the house). If that model has a removable battery, remove it.

The fact that it shorted out means that moisture did get in. The very worst thing you can do in that case is power the phone up (electricity + moisture = not good). The immediate effect of moisture is short circuits, but corrosion follows and moisture damage is insidious (that is why no warranty will cover it). You can only hope that your current problem is a short due to residual moisture (in which case drying it out will fix it) rather than corrosion (which requires replacement of the damaged parts).

ThePhizzle and scary alien like this.
  3. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    Liquid.....the arch nemesis of the electronic device,unless you got the iphone 6 or the galaxy 7,be very sure any liquid substance is far out of range as possible;and one of my greatest piece of advisory is,never take the phone into the bathroom!
    Theres simply to much plumbing in there,and even if your phone servives a dip in the toilet,do you really want to put it next to your face after that?
    I always try to explain it like this,just like someone allergic to peanut butter a mobile device is allergic to water,good luck I hope your screen returns to normal and gives you no other trouble,good health & good luck!