1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Very annoying messaging problem.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Witex9494, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Witex9494

Witex9494 New Member

Nov 28, 2010
    Student
    United Kingdom
    Hi

I recently got my new phone Samsung Galaxy S with contract. Its awesome and it is by far the best phone I have ever owned. However there is a problem with messaging that is extremely annoying.

Everytime I text my friend who's number starts with "07", I get a reply from him from a number which starts with "017" and this creates a separate conversation in my messaging folder. this is irritating because i want to keep conversation all in one and I can't text to "017" number because the message doesn't send (even though it says that it was sent).

I can still text but it means that I have to constantly send texts from 1 conversation and receive texts from completelly different one..and it quite annoying.

Please can somebody help me with this problem. I haven't updated to Froyo update 2.2 (if that helps). and so far I have only seen 1 post with a similar problem, and there is no solution to this problem.

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. DroidRick

DroidRick Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Canada
    I had a similar problem while I was away on vacation recently.
    My sms's weren't being sent when I selected reply or selected the person's tel. no. to send an sms.

The only way the sms's would be delivered was to add a "+" symbol before the number.

I got tired of always adding the "+" symbol so I tried adding the + before the person's tel. number. It kept disappearing though. :(
    Yet another flaw (YAF) with the phone (filed under texting).