• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Very annoying messaging problem.

Hi

I recently got my new phone Samsung Galaxy S with contract. Its awesome and it is by far the best phone I have ever owned. However there is a problem with messaging that is extremely annoying.

Everytime I text my friend who's number starts with "07", I get a reply from him from a number which starts with "017" and this creates a separate conversation in my messaging folder. this is irritating because i want to keep conversation all in one and I can't text to "017" number because the message doesn't send (even though it says that it was sent).

I can still text but it means that I have to constantly send texts from 1 conversation and receive texts from completelly different one..and it quite annoying.

Please can somebody help me with this problem. I haven't updated to Froyo update 2.2 (if that helps). and so far I have only seen 1 post with a similar problem, and there is no solution to this problem.

Thank you.

Hi

I recently got my new phone Samsung Galaxy S with contract. Its awesome and it is by far the best phone I have ever owned. However there is a problem with messaging that is extremely annoying.

Everytime I text my friend who's number starts with "07", I get a reply from him from a number which starts with "017" and this creates a separate conversation in my messaging folder. this is irritating because i want to keep conversation all in one and I can't text to "017" number because the message doesn't send (even though it says that it was sent).

I can still text but it means that I have to constantly send texts from 1 conversation and receive texts from completelly different one..and it quite annoying.

Please can somebody help me with this problem. I haven't updated to Froyo update 2.2 (if that helps). and so far I have only seen 1 post with a similar problem, and there is no solution to this problem.

Thank you.

I had a similar problem while I was away on vacation recently.
My sms's weren't being sent when I selected reply or selected the person's tel. no. to send an sms.

The only way the sms's would be delivered was to add a "+" symbol before the number.

I got tired of always adding the "+" symbol so I tried adding the + before the person's tel. number. It kept disappearing though. :(
Yet another flaw (YAF) with the phone (filed under texting).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones