1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Very Bad Battery Life, and Screen Usage?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by blacktea, Apr 18, 2012.

1. blacktea

blacktea Member

I've got my One X for two weeks now, and I've been experiencing some very terrible battery life. With moderate usage, I can't last a whole day (12~15 hours).

Most of the time, I unplug my phone at 7:00am with 100% and leave for school. With moderate usage (send some Whatsapp, listen to half an hour of music, searching for wallpapers...) my phone gets to around 50~55% at 12:00pm noon or so, by the time it's 4:00 pm or so, my phone would be begging for the charger. On certain days, I leave home with 100% at 7:00am, I send a good morning text to my girlfriend, and leave the phone in my pocket until it's around 9:00am before I touch it again, and the battery magically disappears from 100% to 90% already. On a worst case scenario I usually have to charge my phone twice from 7:00am to when I go to bed again at around 11:00pm.

I turn off my Wifi when I'm outside, I don't use location services, screen brightness is at 40% or so, and I'm connected to 3G, auto-sync is also turned off. It's the most straightforward battery conserving method, but it seems to drain more than it saves.

My screen usage is also terribly high, I don't know if it's just me or it's with all of you as well.

Anybody else experiencing just plain terrible battery life?

[​IMG]

Another thing I'd like to point out is that my battery percentage likes to stay at a certain interval for a very long time, then suddenly plunge... weird.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

Seems no one has the same battery usage….

Im on 44% left with 9h 45 on battery, 33% screen usage and was using hotspot for about90 minutes this morning and was inside a building with terrible signal (which will make the phone use more power). Phone was off charge about 830 AM and its now 6:15pm.

I would say thats pretty good.

About 18 minutes of calls, 6 or 7 texts, couple of facebook posts and check in and 90 mins on bluetooth car kit (no calls in that time though).

Steve

3. rod9669

rod9669 Android Enthusiast

Using the internet via wi-fi seems to kill mine - drops by about 1%/minute

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews