1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Very Confused Please Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gunner2000, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Gunner2000

Gunner2000 Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2013
    Male
    Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
    Hi All!
    I decided to go ahead and root my Droid Razr M tonight. Everything went well and I was able to breeze through all the steps and used root checker to make sure that I had successfully rooted the phone. It said that I successfully rooted the phone, but I am not so certain right now. It was my understanding that when I successfully rooted my phone that I would be able to uninstall the bloatware that came default on the phone. I went into my settings and tried uninstalling the apps like Audible, Zappos, etc and all I get is the option to disable it. Any advice? Any help you all can offer me please?
    Gunner

Advertisement

2. lorbas

lorbas Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2013
    Hi Gunner,
    I'm new here and I rooted my Razr M just a couple days ago and thought as you: just go to the settings and delete the unwanted apps. Unfortunately that doesn't work that way. The easiest thing to do is go to the play store and buy an app called "Titanium Backup" (a MUST have and useful app for rooted phones anyway!). It's a little on the pricy site ($7) but worth every penny. With this app you can delete EVERY app installed on the phone (that's why it's also a very dangerous app - so be careful what you do!). You can also do backups of every app and setting and data stored on the phone as well as many other things (things I haven't even grasp yet :D).
    Of course, there are also other apps that let you delete bloatware or any other app - just check and search the play store. But to my knowledge you will need one of those apps to get rid of all the carrier crap.

Gunner2000 likes this.
  3. Gunner2000

Gunner2000 Lurker
    None

Jan 3, 2013
    Male
    Near Pittsburgh, PA USA
    Thanks Lorbas and welcome to the forum!