• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Very fine scratches in glass?

HyperM3

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
I have only had my phone a few days but I already see some extremely fine scratches in the glass up underneath the AT&T symbol. If and when I keep my phone in my pocket, the only thing it will rub against is my chapstick. I cant imagine the plastic tube is going to create this.

Im wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their glass? Its only up in that one spot, the rest of the glass is crystal clear.

I hope this isnt that fragile.

I have only had my phone a few days but I already see some extremely fine scratches in the glass up underneath the AT&T symbol. If and when I keep my phone in my pocket, the only thing it will rub against is my chapstick. I cant imagine the plastic tube is going to create this.

Im wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their glass? Its only up in that one spot, the rest of the glass is crystal clear.

I hope this isnt that fragile.

lol the chapstick could be the culprit. it could be the jeans you're wearing or whatever type of pants you wear. it gets all scratched especially when you wear skinny jeans (bad memories).. try putting your phone in some case or put a screen protector

-if this helped, hit thanks please :D

Upvote 0
I havent had a screen protector on my last 4 phones. I put all my phones in the same pocket with the same style chapstick. Ive never had one develop very fine scratches on the screen like this.

Very disappointed if this is how soft the glass is on this phone.

You're insane if you think a plastic tube of chapstick can scratch glass, you probably had some dirt or sand in your pocket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones