• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Very Frustrated

mdside71

Android Enthusiast
Jul 28, 2010
Ok so my girlfriends LG Esteem is being stupid..same problem with camera, then FB acting up, then not getting any txt messages..And now it boot loops, or just gets stuck on the Metro Screen. The only thing i did to this is root it.

So i removed SD card, reformatted and placed everything back on it..still same problems.. So then with battery out, i removed the sd card, and the stupid little white card...its finally letting me do something..seems like it factory reset itself when i did that.

so now i got to see if its still rooted..just can not figure out what the problem is with her phone cause it has all the same things as mine installed and i am not having any of these problems

I havent seen a phone boot loop for no reason yet and from just rooting, but every phone is different and they have a mind of their own sometimes.

What exactly are the problems you have? I can't make sense of some things in your post.

Problems i am having, Not receiving txt or sms messages, have to wait forever to hang up or until the other person does..pressing the end key does absolutely nothing. Camera still don't work but i solved this with another app. If i reboot the phone it only gets to the stupid hello, hello, hello thing, and then cycles over and over at that point (If i plug it into the charger it reboots on first try). Mind you battery is at 90% or higher when i reboot.

Thats the main issues i am having. Getting ready to factory reset, upgrade to ZVD, and then root again to see if that will fix the issue.

I have no interest in putting a cooked rom on my phone or on my girlfriends phone. Each one seems to have minor little flaws here and there, so i leave my phones stock except for rooting and removing the Metro Crap-Ware with TIBU....

Upvote 0
Problems i am having, Not receiving txt or sms messages, have to wait forever to hang up or until the other person does..pressing the end key does absolutely nothing. Camera still don't work but i solved this with another app. If i reboot the phone it only gets to the stupid hello, hello, hello thing, and then cycles over and over at that point (If i plug it into the charger it reboots on first try). Mind you battery is at 90% or higher when i reboot.

Thats the main issues i am having. Getting ready to factory reset, upgrade to ZVD, and then root again to see if that will fix the issue.

I have no interest in putting a cooked rom on my phone or on my girlfriends phone. Each one seems to have minor little flaws here and there, so i leave my phones stock except for rooting and removing the Metro Crap-Ware with TIBU....

I had the reboot issue one time that when I hooked it up to a charger it would boot up. It's something to do with the SD not mounting.

Whenever you upgrade/downgrade pull your SD card during the process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones