• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Very Happy with Xperia Play on Verizon

gwaine

May 19, 2011
Mine arrived on Monday and I'm very impressed. I love the fact that it's stock Gingerbread...it's very fast (although I was used to an Iphone 3G which was starting to show its age) and there is barely anything on it that's Verizon-related (I'm going to delete their Navigator stuff once I root mine). It's an emulation dream machine, which is the reason I bought it. I've been playing my Super Nintendo, Nintendo and TurboGrafx games a lot and they're spot-on. Haven't tested it with FPSE yet because I'm waiting for my bigger SD card to arrive to fill that up with Playstation games. I just wanted to say that if you're into old school games and don't want to bring multiple devices around this thing is a dream come true. I also like the fact that the gamepad is so discreet...no one I've showed it to has a clue (which is good when you're 34 and should be "over video games" by now :p) Although it'd be a hit with the ladies I'm sure ;)).

Glad to hear I'm not the only +30 gamer (okay, fine, so I'm 37) with one of these devices. It's a godsend when I am, as Brad Paisley says: "waitin' on a woman". Also, sitting on the dock at work, people are impressed. Only those that know I'm a gamer are shown the slider...

EDIT: That came out wrong... THE PHONE sits on the dock on my desk when I'm at work. I do not sit on a dock at work... :)

Upvote 0
Although it'd be a hit with the ladies I'm sure ;)).

I agree :) I own one and my girlfriends are like it's so cool

haha and this guy last night actually came up to chat me up about my phone.

He spends time on the forum and it was his first time seeing one because i was playing Bruce Lee while sitting and waiting for a friend and chatted with me for about 15 minutes about it.....

LOL i do feel so odd, that i'm one of the few girls I know who loves gaming & I'm kicking ass with Bruce lee lol

Reactions: redhillblood
Upvote 0
Do they have any Nintendo 64 emulators in the market?
if so, anything good?

i've been playing pokemon like crazy with gamedroid

Hey Carmen...Yongzh created N64oid but pulled it to make it better b/c so many people were complaining that it didn't work well (even when he said in the description that it was in an early stage and only played a few games). Apparently it played Mario 64 really well and Ocarina of Time well but it had some sound issues I think. Anyway, he plans on rereleasing it soon to the Android Market.

Upvote 0
Mario 64, and mario kart 64 are the only ones I can get to work well......not that ive tried all of em but out of 20 or so thats it. Anyone else have a green bar across the top of the screen in netflix? Also cant get new games from v cast apps, giving me error after error. Anyone else? The asphalt game also will not download and play.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones