• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Very impressed by iNsertCoin Gingerbread.

So ive been trying out iNsertCoin Gingerbread (CM7 version). I have to say its probably one of the fastest ROM's ive tried so far, even compared to the likes of ReDux and Oxygen etc...

Had no bugs whatsoever, obviously i haven't come across some of the minor ones and 720p Video recording will be fixed in the next update according to Baadnewz but man... Very very quick.

Loving the all the new options also, like the option in the settings menu to have the AOSP lockscreen or the new 3.0 Sense version. Lots of power widget options in the drop down menu.

its awesome he made a CM7 Hboot version also. Tones of room and so so quick.

Havnt tried the A2SD version yet but its not supposed to be as fast.

I hate it.. Although the video camera hasnt been fixed in
Rcmix s rom yet I still think its better, im sure itll get updated
at some point today to fix the video camera.

The main reason for not liking the insertcoin version is it doesn't
use darktremor app2sd scripts and all the goodies this provides,
along with the a2sdgui app to manage these things easily

Insertcoin also uses rcmix s rom as a base with next to nothing
of any real value added above whats included with rcmix s rom.

Support the original and imo best desire rom developer out there...

Upvote 0
I hate it.. Although the video camera hasnt been fixed in
Rcmix s rom yet I still think its better, im sure itll get updated
at some point today to fix the video camera.

The main reason for not liking the insertcoin version is it doesn't
use darktremor app2sd scripts and all the goodies this provides,
along with the a2sdgui app to manage these things easily

Insertcoin also uses rcmix s rom as a base with next to nothing
of any real value added above whats included with rcmix s rom.

Support the original and imo best desire rom developer out there...

A wee bit dedicated, are we? It's a rom mate, nothing life changing...:)

Upvote 0
I have also found this rom to be quite good, 720p recording works on mine but mine is the a2sd version.
only real bug i have found is if you use the latest radios out going calls keep failing, switched to this radio 32.44.00.32U-5.09.05.30-2 & it all works fine.
Waiting for the full sensation roms to be converted.

Upvote 0
I have also found this rom to be quite good, 720p recording works on mine but mine is the a2sd version.
only real bug i have found is if you use the latest radios out going calls keep failing, switched to this radio 32.44.00.32U-5.09.05.30-2 & it all works fine.
Waiting for the full sensation roms to be converted.

Do you mean calls where dropping or not coming through? i havnt experienced that yet. im running the latest radio also.

Upvote 0
Do you mean calls where dropping or not coming through? i havnt experienced that yet. im running the latest radio also.

Nope incoming calls are fine just the out going calls you hear no ringing of the other phone & if someone picks up the call cuts off or they can't hear you.
Using reflex s but that has the same problem, i downloaded a patch that was available on the insertcoin rom thread that fixed the problem.
That patch has disappeared from the thread now.
Just seen why the patch has disappeared its been incorporated in the v17 rom

Upvote 0
A wee bit dedicated, are we? It's a rom mate, nothing life changing...:)

Not at all. just thought id throw in my 2p worth..

everybody has their favourite i like rcmix over insertcoin due to the script used which makes a easy job of freeing up space with the darktremor app.

I favour it even more now as hes managed to get it to 269mb on internal and autoinstall script :)

But saying that they are both much of a muchness.. based the same, have same bugs and fixes, just the little things make one better than the other for me..

Upvote 0
Not at all. just thought id throw in my 2p worth..

everybody has their favourite i like rcmix over insertcoin due to the script used which makes a easy job of freeing up space with the darktremor app.

I favour it even more now as hes managed to get it to 269mb on internal and autoinstall script :)

But saying that they are both much of a muchness.. based the same, have same bugs and fixes, just the little things make one better than the other for me..

Don't worry mate I know what u meant, I was just smiling at ur choice of words. I'm pretty sure both Robo and Baad put a lot of work in their roms, so no reason there to hate one or the other, but yea having a favorite is quite normal.
I don't even have time to play with roms currently, thats why I'm stuck on InsertCoin 1.92 lol :p

Upvote 0
Hey bud you dont need 2 different HBOOTS there are just 2 different versions, if you want to use the CM7 version of insertcoin use that one, if you want the BRAVO HBOOT (A2SD) version (stock) you dont need to change anything, presuming you haven't already.

There are a tone of tutorials around, i think SUroot has one on his signature.

Upvote 0
Hey bud you dont need 2 different HBOOTS there are just 2 different versions, if you want to use the CM7 version of insertcoin use that one, if you want the BRAVO HBOOT (A2SD) version (stock) you dont need to change anything, presuming you haven't already.

There are a tone of tutorials around, i think SUroot has one on his signature.
I'm using amon-ra now so I presume I just have to flash CM7Boot before I flash the rom ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones