• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Very Impressed with Rogers!

TriC

Jun 13, 2009
London, Ontario. Canada.
Rogers has been great to me... I just smashed my up car and my x10 went out the window.. so lets just say it will not work now... so now I just have a $20 flip phone with no data rate now so I called Rogers up and they waved my data plan and I don't have to pay the $100 early cancellation fee on that.. also they are letting me get a new phone at the same cost as a new customer even tho I just had my X10 for 4 months. but i'm going to wait for the Samsung S and just hold on to this flip phone till then. I have to say i'm very impressed with Rogers after this..

I was thinking of switching to Bell and getting the Samsung S with them but since Rogers did this for me i'm going to stick with them and wait the extra few weeks for them to release the Samsung S

good to hear you're ok, and that Rogers is being helpful.

Just remember that, so far, Rogers won't confirm they're getting the Samsung Galaxy S (I asked Rogers mary, and got the usual PR response).

Also, if they do get it, we don't know yet which version it will be (there are about 4 different versions of the Galaxy S in the US).

Ya the car was a write off.. just broke my foot when the floor board pushed up and crushed it.. and my x10 well was crushed as well. my foot is not to bad tho.

Any how back to the Samsung S
It was leaked from Samsung that the Galaxy S was coming to the Rogers.. also a retention rep was talking about it and how they have training for it coming up. but he had no other info other then it was a High End Android phone made by Samsung..

anyways their are two versions it could be the Samsung S Vibrant or the Samsung S Captivate. they have the same hardware.. + or - the front facing camera.. and little changes in the look. I have been all over the new checking out the spec's on this phone really sweet. with the S5PC110 Cortex-A8 CPU and the really fast PowerVR SGX 540 GPU.

Upvote 0
This super great customer services like that don't happen too often.

We tend to concentrate on the negative here and so I thought I'd also post some possitive as well...

Had an issue with call forwarding being enabled on the phone and could not disable it. Tried rebooting the phone, pulling the battery, everything short of a factory reset and no dice.

So I called up Rogers tech support, ended up in the wrong department (my bad for not paying attention to the menu system) got transfered to the PDA support team and after a quick reboot of the phone and some settings being cleared at their end my call forwarding is up and running once more.

All in all took less than 15 minutes to get me back up and running! So yeah, I'm a happy camper today...

Upvote 0
ok, I'll post a happy story. Calling tech support to get my data working again was always quick and painless. I've heard the horror stories but for me it was always easy and never more than 5 minutes. "Network refresh please" pull battery and restart, done.

So that was always an experience with an easy solution. Now the reason that data would get dropped in the first place, that's a different story, the pricks.

Upvote 0
I can do you all one better as far as nice Rogers stories go. In the past three months they have given me over $200 in credits because of the "issues" I've experienced with my Magic. In other words, they gave me over $200 in credits to say sorry about all the back and forth (no update past 1.5, the 911 bug) with the Magic.

I didn't know about these credits until I received my bill (each time) and called to ask what it was for (I didn't want to be surprised with a "You didn't pay your bill, now you owe us a late fee").

I didn't have to pay my bill for 2 months! (mine and my wife's combined) and my last bill was only $50 for the both of us.

Sadly I'm back to paying the full bill this month, unless they surprise me again with another $100 credit.

Oh, and I _still_ haven't updated my Magic beyond the factory 1.5.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones