• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

VERY new to Tasker, I'd love some help

MeatLoafT

Feb 11, 2013
Indiana
I just bought Tasker and I've played around with it for a couple things, but I'm pretty terrible at programming/scripting. I've been through this whole forum and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully someone can help me out here. I also cannot find this particular setting in Tasker (or I didn't know it was this setting.)

I have a Galaxy S5 running 4.4.2 on AT&T, they have removed the checkbox that used to say "Lock immediately on Power Button."

This is what I want to do: When I connect to a certain wifi, I want the lock delay to change from "Immediately (or when screen times out)" to "1 hour", these are settings I can do manually. This is not the screen time-out setting, just the time before locking. I don't need to change the actual lock status, as I want it to lock every time, I just want it to be immediately when I'm not at home.

OR a small widget that toggles these two time settings would work for me as well.

Can anyone help, or at least point me in the right direction? I really thought this would be easy... LOL.

You can create a profile that checks if you're connected to your home wifi.
You can then use Keyguard Off (from the Display section) when connected and Keyguard On when not.

Note that Keyguard doesn't seem to work consistently on all phones, so it may or may not work for you.

Hopefully, your GS5 will get Lollipop soon enough so you can use the 'Trusted Places' feature...

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
I like the theory on the keyguard profile but I've read that people have ended up having to unlock by Google after a couple weeks. Honestly, I don't ever want the lock disabled. I just want to change the time-out. Had they not removed the "immediately on power button" checkbox, I wouldn't need this at all. Now it's bundled with screen time-out. At the moment my compromise with 10 minutes. I really just want lock at that set time if I don't hit power, and lock immediately if I do.

As for Lollipop, I'm not in love with it on my Nexus 7 (gen 1). Hating the notification changes, settings aren't as easy from pull-down and the lag makes my tablet unusable for anything but simple tasks. This is after an fdr... So it may not get installed on the S5.

I do appreciate you taking time to respond! Thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones